The Draft 3 years from now

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

The Draft 3 years from now

Postby BearSkins » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:33 pm

Mods, please feel free to move this thread if you feel it doesn't fit within the '2007 Draft' vibe. Just thought it was interesting to see one team's draft from '04 analysed. Be interesting to see where this year's crop is in 2010.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-070425haugh,1,2960841.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:40 pm

Moving to ATL... only because the draft forum will close some time after the 2007 draft and someone or some cup might want to dig this up later.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:14 am

It really does go to show how differently the NFL people and the fans look at how good a draft is for their own teams. I know we live in an "instant gratification" era but most players (even the good ones) take a while to reach their potential.

There are a lot of coaches that like to let the players play and "learn on the job" so to speak and a lot that want the players to learn by being a part of the team but not necessarily a "starter". Some players are able to handle the transition but most of the players who become really great learn all the aspects of the game rather than just the "on the field" stuff. That learning curve takes time and most fans have little patience for that.
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:45 am

Well that should mean that Campbell and Rogers should have a great year if they are going to be worth anything. Which I think they will. I have more concerns about Carlos but you never know.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:40 am

That's a good article; thanks for posting it.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:29 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Well that should mean that Campbell and Rogers should have a great year if they are going to be worth anything. Which I think they will. I have more concerns about Carlos but you never know.

The worst thing about Carlos is not his coverage, it's his hands. I unofficially had him w/ 6 drops on sure fire int's. Who knows how that would have impacted all those games. Maybe this offseason he talked to Lester Hayes about his trade secret to success. [-o<

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:02 pm

LOSTHOG wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Well that should mean that Campbell and Rogers should have a great year if they are going to be worth anything. Which I think they will. I have more concerns about Carlos but you never know.

The worst thing about Carlos is not his coverage, it's his hands. I unofficially had him w/ 6 drops on sure fire int's. Who knows how that would have impacted all those games. Maybe this offseason he talked to Lester Hayes about his trade secret to success. [-o<

He has actually been working with Darryl Green this offseason. I think that last year was his sophmore slump more than anything. I don't remember where I heard this but somewhere I saw he was working with a sports psycologist. If I remember correctly, he said the problem was he was overtinking things. He will be fine. Just has faith. Most players have their best seasons in year 3.

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:45 pm

I hope so. The secondary is looking like it wil be our strong point this year

Return to Around the League