Cowboys sign Wiley

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
swine

Postby mickgreen58 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:16 am

^^^^ Dont think I really get your point West. The Cowboys have a HISTORY of winning, you can spin it either way you like. Out of all of our Coaches, only 1 has a losing record, and he still went 5-1 against you.

Skins48, like other Cowboys fans have said, Cowboysguide.com is not my site, I just started posting there about 2-3 weeks ago, and I barely even post there anymore because I found 2-3 other boards that I like more. I even started a post asking "WHY" topics were so quickly closed and they told me just to read the STICKY NOTES about the rules. I know some of those guys HAVE strong views and seemed to try and throw their weight around a little. I could care less, I LIVE in Dallas, so I am use to having those type of debates and whether people want to beleive it or not, the MOST knowledgable fans of AMERICA'S TEAM are in Dallas, IMO.

- Mike G.

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:52 am

DallasCowboysFan wrote:Wish I could help you? Not my site though... If you live in Denton do you come hang out at Austin Ave in Plano with all the other Skins fans?

No. Being a skins fan, I hang out here in Denton and catch plenty of abuse. Didnt know Plano had a gathering of skins fans? What do you think of the boys moving back down to Fairpark??
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

Hog

Postby DallasCowboysFan » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:03 am

You know if Jimmy came back to the Boys I don't think I would as fired up as you guys have been about Gibbs. Jimmy couldn't do it in the FA(Miami), so I don't know why I would think that Gibbs can? Are you saying Gibbs was better than Jimmy? Both won Superbowls and basically won three, yeah we all know that Switzers was really Jimmy's! You always tell us to stop living in the past, maybe you should walk like you talk.....
Philly Lost!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer team or a nicer set of fans!

Hog

Postby DallasCowboysFan » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:07 am

kkryan wrote:
DallasCowboysFan wrote:Wish I could help you? Not my site though... If you live in Denton do you come hang out at Austin Ave in Plano with all the other Skins fans?

No. Being a skins fan, I hang out here in Denton and catch plenty of abuse. Didnt know Plano had a gathering of skins fans? What do you think of the boys moving back down to Fairpark??

Yeah I didn't either until Tx_Skins_Fan told me the owner was a Skins fan, and they meet there alot. You might hit him up and get more info. I work in Plano, so made a mental note to never go there...hahahaha not really I will go in there wearing my Boys stuff to get the owner all mad! There is also a really good Philly Cheessteak place in Plano owned by a game from Philly, so I always give him hell when I go there!

Ooops, I think if they can build up Fair Park and get us back to Fair Park I would love it! I think if they can follow the plans from DallasCowboysPark.com it will turn out great, not sure on the seating size of fair Park but might have to be totally redone.
Philly Lost!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer team or a nicer set of fans!

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:38 pm

DallasCowboysFan wrote:You know if Jimmy came back to the Boys I don't think I would as fired up as you guys have been about Gibbs.

So, you mean to say that had it been Johnson walking in the door last year, you wouldn't be as fired up as we are about Gibbs coming back ? That's simply inconceivable to me, and I highly doubt it's true. There's something intangible, something kinda chemical about a coach coming home. Jimmy Johnson IS the Cowboys, and Joe IS the 'Skins. Tuna is a hired gun. To address the other thing you wrote...
First, let me say I think comparing Gibbs to Johnson...well, I don't know. I'm uncomfortable with that comparision. Joe's a HOF coach. Maybe Landry is a better comparision. Don't get me wrong, I thought JJ was a genius. An evil genius, but still a genius. He built his team up the way he wanted, and had the benefit of something like 471 draft picks from the Walker trade. He won with that team. When he went to Miami, he had to play with a local legend that was starting to break down. He even gave Thurman Thomas a try, didn't he ? In the end, he gave it up because he didn't want to be the guy that cut Dan Marino.
All we did with Gibbs is win games. We haven't done that so much since he left. You're telling me you can't see why we're so riled up? I think you can see why, because the alternative is that I have to believe that you really don't know anything about this game and I'm not gonna do that until you've shown me that you don't. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, DCF.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:44 pm

mickgreen58 wrote:^^^^ Dont think I really get your point West. The Cowboys have a HISTORY of winning, you can spin it either way you like. Out of all of our Coaches, only 1 has a losing record, and he still went 5-1 against you.

Mike, I don't think you WANT to get my point, so it doesn't matter what I say, does it ? You're not really reading anything; you're just waiting to fire the next salvo. That's okay. I've got other fish to fry. If all I'm doing here for you is "putting spin" on the Redskins, then I'm wasting your time and mine.
When you're ready to talk football, and to look at what's being written with a discerning eye, let me know. Until then, I'll assume you aren't looking for back-and-forth. You're just here to wave some old flag. Have fun. It's been a pleasure.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:58 pm

ah - they came over to trash talk - they don't want to respect any point of view other than their own, and I don't see an honest debate on the cap, the coaching and the free agents we are picking up. Ah well, what the heck do you expect folks? :)
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Around the League