Cowboys sign Wiley

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:07 pm

Im all for seeing the NFC East return to the powerhouse of the NFL. Nothing wrong with some damn good competion, as long as our Skins are on top.

Hog

Postby curveball » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:19 pm

diehard_skin_to_the_bone wrote:Im all for seeing the NFC East return to the powerhouse of the NFL. Nothing wrong with some damn good competion, as long as our Skins are on top.

It is somewhat odd that when the Eagles are the "team" in the division there aren't any Super Bowls being won.

Everyone else has multiple rings, strange huh?
This space reserved for BTP......If he ever wins it.

Postby Brandon777 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:27 pm

curveball wrote:
diehard_skin_to_the_bone wrote:Im all for seeing the NFC East return to the powerhouse of the NFL. Nothing wrong with some damn good competion, as long as our Skins are on top.

It is somewhat odd that when the Eagles are the "team" in the division there aren't any Super Bowls being won.

Everyone else has multiple rings, strange huh?
Screw the Eagles. I honestly believe that for the next 5 years it will be Dallas and Washington fighting to win the division. I feel like a kid again living in the 80's, back when the cowboys vs. redskins games were exciting and meaningful. Perhaps the Giants will be a factor in some years. I think the Eagles had their day and now it's over for them.
Let us all gather around and drink the Cooley-Aid of the Redskins.

swine

Postby mickgreen58 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:35 pm

Yes, I am extremely happy we have addressed our needs at Defensive End. I really feel Wiley will be much more productive than Ekuban ever was.

Brandon777
There is nothing wrong with our O-line. They improved big time at the end of last season and did not play to their potential. Plus we upgraded at TE and C.

Hmmmmm, you were DESTROYED by a Giants team that had mailed the season in around the middle of November, you were GOOSED 27-0 by "AMERICA'S TEAM", you lost to the SUCKY Bears, the Eagles GOTCHA 31-7, and you gave up 4 Sacks in your last game of the season against that much MALIGNED Eagles defense.

.....How is that finishing STRONG?

- Mike G.

Postby Brandon777 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:56 pm

mickgreen58 wrote:Yes, I am extremely happy we have addressed our needs at Defensive End. I really feel Wiley will be much more productive than Ekuban ever was.

Brandon777
There is nothing wrong with our O-line. They improved big time at the end of last season and did not play to their potential. Plus we upgraded at TE and C.

Hmmmmm, you were DESTROYED by a Giants team that had mailed the season in around the middle of November, you were GOOSED 27-0 by "AMERICA'S TEAM", you lost to the SUCKY Bears, the Eagles GOTCHA 31-7, and you gave up 4 Sacks in your last game of the season against that much MALIGNED Eagles defense.

- Mike G.
Our loses during the last part of the season can be blamed on our defense, which allowed the 27 and 31 pts. We didn't have our starting QB. The last game against the Eagles was a waste of a game. The whole game they were talking about if Spurrier was going to come back next year or not. There was nothing to fight for. We didn't by no means finish STRONG. Our O-line did better at the end of last season than the beginning. Now we have a solid coaching staff that should improve the schemes. Besides, I'm glad we lost that last game against the Eagles. Winning it would have done no good for us. We have the 5th overall 1st rounder. If we would've beat the Eagles we would've been probably 10 or 11th overall and we couldn't draft Sean Taylor.

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:58 pm

Brandon777 wrote:
mickgreen58 wrote:Yes, I am extremely happy we have addressed our needs at Defensive End. I really feel Wiley will be much more productive than Ekuban ever was.

Brandon777

- Mike G.
Our loses during the last part of the season can be blamed on our defense, which allowed the 27 and 31 pts. We didn't have our starting QB. The last game against the Eagles was a waste of a game. The whole game they were talking about if Spurrier was going to come back next year or not. There was nothing to fight for. We didn't by no means finish STRONG. Our O-line did better at the end of last season than the beginning. Now we have a solid coaching staff that should improve the schemes. Besides, I'm glad we lost that last game against the Eagles. Winning it would have done no good for us. We have the 5th overall 1st rounder. If we would've beat the Eagles we would've been probably 10 or 11th overall and we couldn't draft Sean Taylor.

EXCUSES..........EXCUSES

Postby Brandon777 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:08 pm

gambit187 wrote:
Brandon777 wrote:

Brandon777

- Mike G.

EXCUSES..........EXCUSES
What excuses. We had a terrible coaching staff, of course we are going to suck. You guys were sucking too until you got Tuna.

Hog

Postby curveball » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:23 pm

Dallas "sucked" but we still somehow managed to spank the 'skins on a regular basis.

On a side note, does anyone want to go to the smack board?

It could get fun.
This space reserved for BTP......If he ever wins it.

Postby Brandon777 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:28 pm

curveball wrote:Dallas "sucked" but we still somehow managed to spank the 'skins on a regular basis.

It could get fun.
I would. But I'm getting drunk and kind off tired of typing and it seems I'm the only Redskin here going back and forth with you Cowboys. Right now it's 3 on 1.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:53 am

curveball wrote:Dallas "sucked" but we still somehow managed to spank the 'skins on a regular basis.

It could get fun.

and what does that mean?? :roll: Thats all you did. 5-11 X 3 = nothing [-X =; [-X =; [-X =;
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:13 am

redskincity wrote:

It could get fun.

and what does that mean?? :roll: Thats all you did. 5-11 X 3 = nothing [-X =; [-X =; [-X =;

But redskincity in those 3 years of 5-11 we managed to build a foundation of a good team, and not over pay players and still miss the playoffs like the Skins. I think at the end of those 3 5-11 years we , were at home for the playoffs JUST LIKE THE SKINS.

Roy williams, terrance newman,Pete Hunter,Coakly, Nygun, Brady James, Witten, Antionio Bryant, Flozell, Andre Guarode, Al johnson......All thru the draft and all are starting to come together and win, CAN YOU SAY 10-6 with no running game.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:47 am

gambit187 wrote:
redskincity wrote:

It could get fun.

But redskincity in those 3 years of 5-11 we managed to build a foundation of a good team, and not over pay players and still miss the playoffs like the Skins. I think at the end of those 3 5-11 years we , were at home for the playoffs JUST LIKE THE SKINS.

Roy williams, terrance newman,Pete Hunter,Coakly, Nygun, Brady James, Witten, Antionio Bryant, Flozell, Andre Guarode, Al johnson......All thru the draft and all are starting to come together and win, CAN YOU SAY 10-6 with no running game.

Can you say easy schedule with no QB and no running game.

Nothing still :roll:
• NFL Championships
• Division Championships
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:55 am

redskincity wrote:
gambit187 wrote:
redskincity wrote:

It could get fun.

Can you say easy schedule with no QB and no running game.

Nothing still :roll:

Here thisis for you Redskincity so much for our easy schedule

kRYIN rYAN go ahead with that BS our schedule was easier. The skins and the Cowboys virtually played the same dayum teams. LETS BREAK IT DOWN.

HUmm we both had Philly and NY twice
We both had the jets, atlanta,carolina,tampa,new england,buffalo, miami

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WAS you guys had Chicago and Seattle
We had Arizone and Detroit.......

So you can stop crying that Easy schedule crap and come with HARD COLD FACTS.

Oh by the way you guys had New England, Tampa at home , we had them on the road.

So we were basically even.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:13 am

you just dont get it....................................

................nothing.....nothing.....nothing.. :roll:
• NFL Championships
• Division Championships
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:17 am

redskincity wrote:you just dont get it....................................

................nothing.....nothing.....nothing.. :roll:

No i dont get it , I dont see how we had so much of an Easier Schedule then you guys. I dont see how you guys were supposed to have all this superior talent and got whipped.

I dont see how we had a substandard RB. and a QB working on his 3rd system in 3 years and we beat yall twice and went 10-6.

NOPE JUST DONT SEE IT. But what i do see is April 24 and 25 the draft and how we gonna shine there. :roll:

Return to Around the League