DAMN THE COWBOYS GOT DREW HENSON!

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:55 pm

This is a good move by Dallas. There is no guarantee that Drew will be any better than Chad who I think should be the starter in Dallas. Parcells never gave him a chance to win the job. Why didnt big bill at least let him come in for some work in the games Dallas were being blown out in? Oh well, I love our chances against Dallas with Gibbs as coach and Quincy as the starter!!
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

Hog

Postby DallasCowboysFan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:02 pm

Chutch really hurt himself in the offseason when he went to Parcells and wanted to know what his "Role" was. Not a Parcells type of move, he wants guys to step up and take charge. Maybe he will go over and win the World Bowl this year in Europe and we can get something good for him, cuz I don't see Bill giving him another shot! I think Stoerner should have been the starter! :lol: Although I was on that boat by myself!
Philly Lost!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer team or a nicer set of fans!

Hog

Postby tx_skins_fan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:08 pm

Wow. The Cowboys should have a real nice infield next season. I'm not worried about Henson. By the time he's in football shape, Parcells will be gone, and Jerry will have another one of his buddies coaching his team into the ground.
oops....sorry!

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:09 pm

DallasCowboysFan wrote:Chutch really hurt himself in the offseason when he went to Parcells and wanted to know what his "Role" was. Not a Parcells type of move, he wants guys to step up and take charge. Maybe he will go over and win the World Bowl this year in Europe and we can get something good for him, cuz I don't see Bill giving him another shot! I think Stoerner should have been the starter! :lol: Although I was on that boat by myself!

I thought Chad was talented by the way he played in campo's last season with no oline and no NFL experience. Q made a lot of errors and he got more than one chance. Chad should have been given the benefit of the doubt.

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:10 pm

Man is this what happens when i get away from the computer and sneak in a few games of Madden....We sign a future Kick ass QB.......oh boy watch out skins........coming up soon a RB to run over you guys and i dont mean Hambrick.

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:13 pm

gambit187 wrote:Man is this what happens when i get away from the computer and sneak in a few games of Madden....We sign a future Kick ass QB.......oh boy watch out skins........coming up soon a RB to run over you guys and i dont mean Hambrick.

Come on Gambit, this guy has never played a down in the NFL. You guys are going to need more than a RB...oline isnt that great!!

Hog

Postby DallasCowboysFan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:21 pm

Yeah 2 Pro Bowlers is not that great! hahhaha :lol:
Philly Lost!

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:22 pm

kkryan wrote:
gambit187 wrote:Man is this what happens when i get away from the computer and sneak in a few games of Madden....We sign a future Kick ass QB.......oh boy watch out skins........coming up soon a RB to run over you guys and i dont mean Hambrick.

Come on Gambit, this guy has never played a down in the NFL. You guys are going to need more than a RB...oline isnt that great!!

What our oline wasn't that great ok , like the skins held there qb sackless.......they were good enough for hambrick to run all over you guys last year. But dont worry we have SEAN PAYTON.....the hottest young QB coach in the game.......only offered a college head coaching job and the raiders job......but he stayed to turn us into champs... Oh and just think we still have about 10 million to sign free agents AND all our picks 1-5 this year.....FUTURE SO BRIGHT where is my Louis Vutton shades....

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:28 pm

No, no, Gambit. He stayed because Billy-Boy told him, "Look. I'm only gonna be here a couple years. Stick around, and I'll hand you the job like I did with Billy-Boy Jr. and the Jets."
Don't get all worked up 'bout Sean Payton. I watched him "work his magic" here in NY.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:30 pm

I hate to say it fellas, but this is a great move, IMHO. As long as Drew sits for at least 1 year, I think he'll turn out to be at least very good. It will take time, just as it will take Ramsey time to be all that he can be. What I think is transpiring is that WE will do much better in the next 2 years under Gibbs, then our cap trouble will hit and we will be back to mediocrity while the cowboys do step it up at little. All I see really is that we once again have an AWESOME rivalry again. This is what the NFL is all about. LET'S RIDE!!!!

HTTR
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:31 pm

tcwest10 wrote:No, no, Gambit. He stayed because Billy-Boy told him, "Look. I'm only gonna be here a couple years. Stick around, and I'll hand you the <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A> like I did with Billy-Boy Jr. and the Jets."
Don't get all worked up 'bout Sean Payton. I watched him "work his magic" here in NY.

Yeah tcwest and look how good Billy Boy Jr is doing in New England with the same thinking the Cowboys have started to use.......HUMMMMM

Hog

Postby DallasCowboysFan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:35 pm

If you watched him in NY you know he was responsible for the turn around of Collins and leading them into the Superbowl with his Offense. I know before you say he had his playcalling taken away from him, remember real closely all he did was have that schmuch of a head coach shorten his playbook! They were still running the same plays, just made it easier on the dumb arse G-Men!

One more thing not only is he one of the brightest young QB coaches don't forget he was the running backs coach for a guy by the name of Marshall Faulk in College.....
Philly Lost!

Postby Brandon777 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:36 pm

Champsturf wrote:I hate to say it fellas, but this is a great move, IMHO. As long as Drew sits for at least 1 year, I think he'll turn out to be at least very good. It will take time, just as it will take Ramsey time to be all that he can be. What I think is transpiring is that WE will do much better in the next 2 years under Gibbs, then our cap trouble will hit and we will be back to mediocrity while the cowboys do step it up at little. All I see really is that we once again have an AWESOME rivalry again. This is what the NFL is all about. LET'S RIDE!!!!

HTTR
I disagree. I don't think we will have any cap trouble that will handicap us in the future. Henson might be good, he might not. Its 50/50. But if he's a failure, Dallas won't be hurt by picking him up.
Let us all gather around and drink the Cooley-Aid of the Redskins.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:42 pm

Okay, he's a good position coach. It doesn't hurt when the stock you're working with is a "Marshall Faulk" and a "Kerry Collins". All he had to do with Faulk was point the direction in which he was supposed to run and set him loose, and all he had to do with Kerry is get him to put the bottle down and stop calling people of color stupid names. Now, if Sean Payton had taken a, say, "Skip Hicks" or a "Gibran Hamden" and turned them into bona-fide starters in this league, he'd've turned my head. That "schmuck" coach you mention took his team to the SuperBowl. Payton calls Fassel a mentor. Wonder what Sean would think of you dissing a "mentor" of his ?
Out of the two, give me Fassel any day to raise up a young quarterback. If you look back on HIS career, you'd see a longer list of successful proteges than Payton will ever have.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:43 pm

That's cool Brandon. I suppose you are right, that it's possible that he won't be good, but I think it's more like 70/30 that he'll be good. He just can't get thrown into the fire because he's NEVER seen the speed of the NFL. He'd be blown away and maybe for good. They better ease him into it or it's disaster for sure.
I don't have any idea what the cap will look like in '06, but I hope we're not doomed as previously stated. Everyone says we'll have to make cuts. Who doesn't??? I don't think Carolina really wanted to cut Steussie. Let just see how the chips fall and root for our beloved 'Skins.
HTTR
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

Return to Around the League