DAMN THE COWBOYS GOT DREW HENSON!

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Postby DallasCowboysFan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:50 pm

So where is Fassel working now?
Philly Lost!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer team or a nicer set of fans!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:54 pm

If that's a poke at Fassell, bad move. He never should've gotten fired. He's a very good coach and that is who I wanted here before the miracle of brinng Gibbs back. His team just doesn't have what it takes, and I'm sure he would've been trying to rectify that this offseason. It's just too bad it's "win now" in the NFL, at least for Fassell's sake.
HTTR
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:57 pm

gambit187 wrote:Yeah tcwest and look how good Billy Boy Jr is doing in New England with the same thinking the Cowboys have started to use.......HUMMMMM

No arguing with the success of Billy in New England. It was clear, though, that he couldn't see taking the mess Parcells left him with in New York anywhere, so he went to New England.
Hmmm. He'd rather have Pete Carroll's sloppy seconds than Bill Parcells.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:00 pm

sweet call, tc

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:01 pm

DallasCowboysFan wrote:So where is Fassel working now?

I'm sure you know where he's working. I'm also assuming that this is some sort of "point maker", though I guess I just don't get it. Maybe it sounded better in your head than it looks in type.
I'll wait until you get your argument organized, both mentally and on the keyboard.
I know, it's late. Usually, you're more succinct, right ?

Hog

Postby DallasCowboysFan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:10 pm

I know where he's working he is a Consultant until he can find a Head Coaching job...Baltimore doesn't need his consulting skills, Baltimore won a Superbowl. Fassel was not that great of a Head Coach, he was 58-53-1 in NY. It wasn't the team, that was a great team for the last 5 years. Do you think they would have slacked off like they did for a Parcells, Gibbs, type coach. Heck no! Your giving the guy to much credit!
Philly Lost!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:15 pm

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember something about a guarentee that Fassel made regarding making the playoffs while his team was sliding down the standings. I also seem to remember them making it there. That is called motivation. Hi steam wasn't very good then but he found a way. I don't think I'm dishing out too uch credit at all, but we can always disagree, being on opposite sides of te fence.
HTTR

Hog

Postby DallasCowboysFan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:21 pm

He had to do that every year though.... that year was that the next year was taking the play calling away. His team wasn't very good, I think that was the same team that went to the Superbowl the year before. Take off the rose colored glasses and you will see him for what he was worth.
Philly Lost!

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:34 pm

Oh, I'm not trying to give Fassel too much credit. He's another position coach whose early success got him a stint as a Head Coach, which bring us back to you. Don't get all pumped up about Payton. In my opinion, he's got a ways to go before anybody should say, "He's staying behind to lead us to a championship." Even a man such as Gibbs realized that no one man can do it all. So, he's surrounded himself with the best and brightest men he could find to help him do the job. Each has his own responsibility, but not each could win a SuperBowl. Gregg Williams is a fine example. He's a genius on one side of the ball, but is unable to get anything done on the other. Payton is a quarterback's coach. He's also served, on the collegiate level, as a RB coach.
He calls Fassel a mentor, because Jim Fassel handed him the playbook and said, "What do you think ?" Do you think Parcells would ever, ever do something like that ?
Not the Bill Parcells I grew up with !

Return to Around the League