Ty Law Want out of NE

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Ty Law Want out of NE

Postby SirSmizzy » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:45 pm

"Negotiations between the Patriots and Ty Law on a contract extension have taken a turn for the worse, which is to say they aren't going anywhere, other than in circles. Now Law would like to exit the rotary, so to speak. He wants out of New England.

"Right now, it's not about money," Law told The Boston Globe this week. "That bridge is burned. I no longer want to be a Patriot. I can't even see myself putting on that uniform again, that's how bad I feel about playing here."

Citing "irreconcilable differences," Law, one interception from tying Raymond Clayborn's franchise record, said he has expressed to Patriots coach Bill Belichick and vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli his desire to play elsewhere after being "lied to" about their intentions.

Belichick declined comment last night.

Law, who last month called the Patriots' four-year, $26-million offer "an insult" and "a slap in the face," said this week he thought discussions would continue until the Patriots informed his agent, Carl Poston, of their plans to carry Law's $10-million salary-cap figure for this year, the penultimate of a seven-year, $51-million contract that included a then-record $14.2-million bonus. "They told me they didn't want to insult Ty anymore, so they're not going to submit any more offers," Poston said. "

The skins should go get him ASAP.
Welcome Home Coles

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:47 pm

can't afford him. if we hadn't gotten springs, this may be a different story. i'd personally rather have law than springs, but thats water under the bridge now. i'm sure law won't have any trouble at all finding a new team.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:55 pm

i would love to have him but right now thanks cause like you said we have springs now. i even talked about ty law before this and i thought long and hard on him .he will find a team really soon i,m sure.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Return to Around the League