Ty Law doesnt want to be a Patriot.

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Ty Law doesnt want to be a Patriot.

Postby Redskins4Life » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:40 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2227304

So he doesn't want to be a Patriot anymore. I know we just signed Shawn Springs, but wouldn't it be great if we could snag Law some how. If the Pats cut him we could sign him and drop Springs maybe? Or maybe we could just swap the two players in a trade? Law is much better than Springs AND that Chump Bailey guy.

Hog

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:54 pm

It will never happen. Law is leaving New England for a reason and ONE reason only:MONEY. He won't find the Champ contract here and there are only a couple teams willing to give him what he is due. We, thank God, won't be one of them. Look for Buffalo to sweep in at him like they did with Milloy.
I have travelled the net and found the Redskins promise land. This is, by far, the best site out there for Redskins/NFL News, Notes, Opinions, and so much more.

----Steve

CowboyHater

Re: Ty Law doesnt want to be a Patriot.

Postby kkryan » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:25 pm

Redskins4Life wrote:http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2227304

So he doesn't want to be a Patriot anymore. I know we just signed Shawn Springs, but wouldn't it be great if we could snag Law some how. If the Pats cut him we could sign him and drop Springs maybe? Or maybe we could just swap the two players in a trade? Law is much better than Springs AND that Chump Bailey guy.

He is not much better than Champ. If you could see Bailey in their defense you would have wanted to pay the guy any amount he wanted. Law is getting old and would cost way too much...nuff said!!!!!!!!
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

Hog

Postby Redskins4Life » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:54 pm

I agree KKRyan, Law is not much better than Bailey and Bailey would do great in the Pats system. But I do think Law is a little bit better than Bailey, but only because he has more experience and a couple of Rings.

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:59 pm

champ baily is the best CB in the nfl...no one right now is better...not even ty law

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:15 pm

Jeremy81 wrote:champ baily is the best CB in the nfl...no one right now is better...not even ty law

It is simple. Just take who ever you think is better and look at the dlines. Champ was forced to cover longer because of ineptness on the dline. Law, for example had Ted Washington and Richard Seymour with Bruschi coming up the middle. Ty didnt have to stay with the receivers as long. Tampa Bay db are not good but you dont have to be with their dline...this is carolinas situation as well!
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

Hog

Postby reggiebrooks4life » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:46 am

"Right now, it's not about money,"

"I can't do a thing about it but express my displeasure about playing for this organization," Law told the Globe. "I'll go to training camp. I've got bonuses for going to training camp. I'm just saying it won't be a comfortable working atmosphere. It's not a reason to hold out. I get $1 million just to show up. Who wouldn't show up for $1 million? The money ain't the thing, because I have that. Then again, I'm not going to sit here and say I don't want $7 million, either. That's stupid. Hell, we all gotta eat.

yep.....it definitely isn't about the money. I think Law already has more than enough money to "eat". I have no problem with players who go where the money is. I hate players who drop the term "its not about money" when it really is about money. Just be honest. At least Champ made it known that he was about the money..

Return to Around the League