Drew Henson....is he really a threat???

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Drew Henson....is he really a threat???

Postby skins#1fan » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:46 pm

well I hear a lot of people gettin somewhat nervous about drew henson goin to the rival cowgirls. But seriously I dont think this is someone who can come right in and tear up the league. The guy hasnt played in years. Im not saying he isnt a good athlete but I dont think he will be doing to much with lavar and washington running him down. I will tell you what is scary though and that all the cowboy fans should be thinking about and that is giving joe gibbs (the greatest coach ever) the talent that he has on our team and the experienced coaching staff for the next 5 or so years!!!ALL I COULD SAY ABOUT THAT IS ONE WORD>>>>DYNASTY

what do yall think about the henson situation?

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:53 pm

i think that the cowgirls' situation is very similar to our own. with the experienced and talented veteran quincy carter serving as a mentor to the highly touted rookie, henson will someday become the greatest quarterback to ever play the game.

well, on second thought, maybe i'll change my vote to 'a non-factor for at least two years'. i think there are young quarterbacks out there who are (or will be) much better and have more potential, but i don't think we'll know for sure until henson shakes the rust off.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Hog

Postby skins#1fan » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:17 pm

with the experienced and talented veteran quincy carter serving as a mentor to the highly touted rookie, henson will someday become the greatest quarterback to ever play the game.

I hope you are being sarcastic...since when has quincy been experienced and telented. And to think that henson is going to be the greatest quarterback ever to play the game is a big joke..There is a difference from being very good and being the best qb ever!
[/quote]

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:20 pm

yes, i was being sarcastic at quincy carter's expense. and henson's too, now that i think about it.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Hog

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:12 pm

Now, Now we have to give Hutchinson mentor credibility too ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

I think Hensen might pan out to be better then both of them, but "stardum" is a far cry. He has a whole lot to learn, and I'm not convinced he's gonna do that under those two. Some reports have Vinny going to Dallas to do just that. Either way, is he worth a 3rd rounder, probably...but is he gonna get the Cowboys back to the dynasty staus,probably not. It all remains to be seen.
I have travelled the net and found the Redskins promise land. This is, by far, the best site out there for Redskins/NFL News, Notes, Opinions, and so much more.

----Steve

swine

Postby mickgreen58 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:57 pm

Henson seems to have alot more ability than Hutchinson and Quincy Carter. I doubt you will see him take the field, unless Quincy gets injured,benched, or gets traded this year. Bill Parcells probably feels he can be a SOLID QB for the Franchise for years to come. Henson, theoretically, could possibly never take the field while Bill Parcells is coach because noone knows how long he will be around.

IMO, we were a 10-6 that BEAT the teams we were suppose to beat, lost to the teams we were suppose to, and stole a couple of games (Giants on MNF and the Panthers). With the signing of Wiley, I think we upgraded our Defensive End position (although anyone would have been an upgrade for Ekuban), and made an already STRONG defense even stronger.

I think our Defense is already strong enough to win a SUPER BOWL, but with the current ? at QB, we will be limited somewhat on the offensive side of the ball. If Henson does turn out to be a SOLID pick up, he will have have alot of offensive weapons at his disposal in place. Witten and Bryant are only gonna get better. Keyshawn seems to have a couple of years left in the tank, and you know we are gonna pick up a solid Running Back somewhere down the line.

If we do pick up Bobboy Taylor, I think we will give teams headaches. I dont know about DYNASTY, but the Boys should be able to make a run at a title. My projections were 05-06, but if we can get PRODUCTION at QB, it may be this year.

- Mike G.

Hog

Postby RedskinsRule56 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:11 pm

Please, Henson is crap! He has not focused on football in 3 years dont worry about him he is going to be a bust. He reminds of Chad Hutchinson who used to play baseball too! Dallas is going down!! Hail to the Redskins!
"SUCK FOR LUCK"

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:17 pm

with the WR's that dallas has, it can only help henson. he was really good in college, and i think he could be better than quincy. now, what he really needs is a ground game to take a little presure off, and it could spell trouble. but till then, i'm not worried about it.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:09 pm

RedskinsRule56 wrote:Please, Henson is crap! He has not focused on football in 3 years dont worry about him he is going to be a bust. He reminds of Chad Hutchinson who used to play baseball too! Dallas is going down!! Hail to the Redskins!

Hey, 5-6 ! Take a breather, bud. You're bleeding B&G all over the place. Read the post. Mick Green is finally trying to talk some football. Let's let him, and see how it goes. Forget for a moment whose team he roots for. Save that for smack. (And please. Don't leave no #56 on my forehead!! :lol: )
Okay, Mick. Let's see what you got here...Hmmm.
Mick Greene wrote:Henson seems to have alot more ability than Hutchinson and Quincy Carter.

Yes he does seem to, doesn't he ? I've got this one bud who is a rabid Wolverines/NYG/NYY fan. When it was made known that Drew was going to try the NFL after all, the guy said, "Watch Houston this year. This kid Henson is a killer !" Once it became clear that Henson was not going to supplant Carr and that Houston was gonna shop the 3rd baseman, he said "He's gonna make his new team better. Trust me." When he found out that Henson was going to the Cowboys, and Bill Parcells, my Michigan/NYG/NYY guy said, "Aw, forget him. He's a bum. Lookit ! Did you see him playing in the minors ? No athletic ability whatsoever."
I take that to mean this guy is the answer to your prayers, with a little help from Payton and Co.

Mick Green also wrote:I think our Defense is already strong enough to win a SUPER BOWL, but with the current ? at QB, we will be limited somewhat on the offensive side of the ball.

This is the most honest assessment of the Dallas Cowboys that I've read from a fan of that team on these boards yet. You're starting to impress me, Mick.

Mick Green took another baby-step towards credibility when he wrote:Keyshawn seems to have a couple of years left in the tank, and you know we are gonna pick up a solid Running Back somewhere down the line.

Keyshawn will give you clutch catches. You're going to have to remind him every five minutes about how you cherish and treasure him, and how the world would just stop turning if he ever, God forbid, got hurt, but he will deliver if you do.
I also have to belive that Maurice Carthon has his eye on somebody already to be your long-term RB. That guy has an eye for talent that nobody seems to credit him for. We'll all have to wait and see who it is.

Finally, Mick leaves us with a bad taste in our mouths when he wrote:I dont know about DYNASTY, but the Boys should be able to make a run at a title.

You may be right, but I hope you're not. :lol: Seriously, the division is tougher. I was telling everybody last year that, if the Eagles don't get it done in 2003, they won't have a better chance. I based that on the salary cap and age. That was BEFORE Coughlin and Gibbs took jobs in the East. Even with the addition of Kearse and possibly Owens, the Eagles aren't so scary any more. It's a wide open door, and only one of us can win the division.
It's about time you came around, Mick. Welcome to the Hogs.net.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:26 pm

I agree some good points Mick, welcome to the board. Hensen is a project...you didn't give up the house, so I see it as worth the risk. I would worry a bit about QC seeing this as the begining of the end for him. He doesn't respone to pressure well. His 17 touches and 21 int won't get it done this year. Yes your D will keep you in the game, but as you said you stole two game last year without them your're 8-8 a record I can see you this having year if QC doesn't improve. The rest of the division will be better as well this year.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Return to Around the League