Eagles working on a deal for Owens

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Eagles working on a deal for Owens

Postby NJ SKINSFAN » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:55 pm

This would suck, they would have someone who could catch the ball.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1760284
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Hog

TO

Postby RedskinsRule56 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:20 am

This is total BS if TO finds a way to get out of Baltimore and go to the Eagles! This is just showing a bad example to players that you can cry and bitch until you get what you want! This move would make the Eagles tremendously better and it better not happen!! I hate TO!!! Greedy Bitch! Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby SoCalSkinFan » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:25 am

TO should have no say in where he want to go and play as long he is under contract. 49ers have all the right to trade him.TO isn't a FA.
Bleeding Burgundy and Gold Forever

Hog

Postby hkHog » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:29 am

I hope it doesn't happen just because TO does not deserve it. Maybe if he had shown SOME good will to his coaches, teammates, and the SF organization I wouldn't have such a problem, but as I've said before and will say again, his behavior is nothing less than DISGUSTING! For him to end up getting his way is the only thing that could make this whole situation worse. It will set a terrible precedent that will ruin the NFL as this kind of behavior will occur far more frequently. The best solution IMO is that the Ravens get compensation and TO gets stuck into the current CONTRACT (legally binding contract -- not agreement or deal) and the NFL forces him to sit out the next two years. Of course this will never happen butI believe it would be fair given that he has destroyed one of the great organizations in football almost single handedly. I do not think that he will be happy in Philly either, how is a four-time pro bowl quarterback that much different than a three timer. Can you imagine if he was in the Eagles locker room four games into last season. They wouldn't have made the playoffs! They may have even finished worse than the Redskins. Just a couple years ago SF was one of the best teams in the NFL and then a few bad games and look what happened. It has nothing to do with a strong locker room presence, although Ray Lewis could probably scare his bad behavior out of him. Not a guy I want on my team (Joe Gibbs doesn't either -- something about CHARACTER maybe). If the Eagles want him, just let them have him. It would just be a pity that Mr. Owens is enriched in any way out of this situation. :evil:

Hog

Postby tx_skins_fan » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:38 am

According to the article, his contract said he had until March 2nd to void the rest of the contract. If that's true, then TO should win this case. The league and the owners agreed to change the date to February 21st, but if it says March 2nd in the contract, their agreement doesn't matter. I don't like TO either, except when he danced on the star at Texas Stadium. I just think the 49'ers were doing their best to screw him over, which isn't cool either.
oops....sorry!

Hog

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:06 am

As far as Im corncerned let the swirmy little sack of crap go to city of brotherly love. When they don't win with him, what's their next excuse. He's pure poison.... he makes Westbrook looklike an alter boy. Let Philly take him and then crumble again. It must really suck being close that many times and never winning it all. Even though they've been the team to beat in our division the past few years they are still the "whipping boy". No Soup For You, and You, and No Trophies for You!
I have travelled the net and found the Redskins promise land. This is, by far, the best site out there for Redskins/NFL News, Notes, Opinions, and so much more.

----Steve

---------

Postby redskins56 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:59 am

:idea: :idea: You know this isn't really the first time this ever happened...

Five years before I was born, in 1983, The Baltimore Colts drafted Stanford Cardinal QB John Elway. Elway said he "didn't want to play for those losers," moaned and groaned to the press ala Owens, and even threatened to play professional baseball before playing for the Colts.

He threatented to sit out the season, so they finally trading him. He dictated what happened, whined like a little girl, and got what he wanted.

Because of this I have never liked him, boarderline couldn't stant him. I'm only 15 but that lack of character and class he showed as a rookie for god's sake, when you are supposed to be down to earth, and your head hasn't yet inflated. His image was ruined for me.

When a team is willing to pay you big money to play for them, and you want to handpick your team, uh uh, I'm not buying it. Everyone forgot about it and hailed him such a good guy, and great QB, not me. He was a jerk with a strong arm, nothing more. I wasn't happy when he finally won a title, I could've cared less. I'da much rather seen Brett Favre hoist Lombardy's trophy that night, and Jamal Anderson the next year...

-Geepz My 2 cents

Hog

Postby skins75 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:51 am

You are so right R56. I cant stomach the good guy image that John Elway has. He is a pre-madonna blow hard. Great QB but what a jerk.

piggie

Postby nuskins » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:00 am

Hey fans, new guy here!! I just found the website a few days ago and this thread made me feel like posting.. I don't really care for TO either, and DO NOT want him catching Donovan's balls :lol: , but he does have the right to protest this trade. Not only is it spelled out in his contract that he has until March 15th to declare, yada, yada , yada.....but look at from a different viewpoint. A corporation would never deal a top level executive that way. San Fran made this trade to spite TO IMO, and he has every right to use all manners of recourse to rectify his EARNING ability, this is the mans livelihood were talking about, and not a very long career left. These guys deserve to get paid, there the ones putting people in the stands yet receive pennies on the dollar compared to what the ownership/management makes....

Anyways glad to be here.....been a Skins fan since I can rememeber, use to go to Carlisle in the 80's when I was young and watch camp. Born and raised a skins fan in skins land!!!!

Hog

Postby oafusp » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:43 am

I heard last night that there is a VERY good chance TO would go to the Eagles.
I heard the 3 teams and TO have come to an agreement where TO would go the the Eagles and the 49ers and Ravens get compensated for the trouble they have been through. BUT, the Eagles would not have to compensate, the league would.

I hope Springs and Smoot are ready for TO, Keyshawn, and Toomer 6 times a year.
burp.

piggie

Postby jklote » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:55 am

TO is no saint, but the 49ers have been screwing people over left and right since the mid-80s.

I'm with TO on this one.

piggie

Postby jklote » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:56 am

oafusp wrote:I heard last night that there is a VERY good chance TO would go to the Eagles.
I heard the 3 teams and TO have come to an agreement where TO would go the the Eagles and the 49ers and Ravens get compensated for the trouble they have been through. BUT, the Eagles would not have to compensate, the league would.

I hope Springs and Smoot are ready for TO, Keyshawn, and Toomer 6 times a year.

If the 49ers and Ravens get free draft picks I am going to be pissed. They should't get rewarded for trying to work over one of their players. Also, if you give them an extra pick, all the draft picks after that are less valuable.

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:58 am

i was initally opposed to this whole 'TO to phili' thing, because i thought it would make them a better team, but now i'm starting to reconsider. the guy is a cancer, and somewhere near week 8 of the season, he'll be yelling at mcnab or reid on the sidelines that he's not getting the ball enough. and when he does, i'm looking forward to a TO sandwich, with arrington and taylor being the bread.

the bottom line, it seems, for skins fans is that for us to be a playoff team, we have to beat the eagles, TO or no TO. it doesn't matter who they have, if we're not good enough to beat them at least once, then we shouldn't be going to the playoffs anyway.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Hog

Postby oafusp » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:08 am

jklote wrote:
If the 49ers and Ravens get free draft picks I am going to be pissed. They should't get rewarded for trying to work over one of their players. Also, if you give them an extra pick, all the draft picks after that are less valuable.

It is a good thing the Skins only have 1 pick in this case...
:)

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:09 am

2 picks oafusp - we got our #5 back when the Rams matched the Butler deal.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Return to Around the League