Owens an EAGLE

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:42 pm

Nate Hogg wrote:ig·no·rant (gnr-nt)
adj.
Lacking education or knowledge.
Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
Unaware or uninformed.

\Ig"no*rant\, n. A person untaught or uninformed; one unlettered or unskilled; an ignoramous.

Otherwise known as "BringThePain!'s opinion"

NateHogg- come on man, knock it off. Let's keep the thread free from personal attacks. Show us what you know about football, not Webster's dictionary.
Gibbs is God

swine

Postby Magoo » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:54 pm

Owens is way overrated! I'd rather have Coles by a mile.
Yeah, Owens improves the Eagles. But he's not Jerry Rice. He's not even Michael Irvin. If he was - the 49ers would've been winning superbowls and getting into the NFC championship game - but they weren't. Yep. They're better. And with Kearse and McNabb they've signed superstars to pacify a fan base on the verge of a revolt. This is a PR move as much as a roster move. Which makes sense, because Owens is all PR and very little positive - meaning winning - production. He won't be a locker room problem. But he won't get them to the superbowl either - that's still on McNabb and Reid's shoulders - and so far the Eagles are a wonderful 0 and 3. Hail to the Redskins!
Dave Butz was a monster. Nobody ran on number 65.

Postby Nate Hogg » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:09 pm

Philly is an Armpit, shall we keep common sense from the thread as well?

I didn't realize the best player on a team with a 79-56 record and four playoff appearances during his tenure was "destroying the team".. oh wait, that's "detroying the team from being better"..

I'm sure it was TO making the team so lousy over the years, not mediocre defense. I'm sure the hiring of Dennis Erickson, long regarding one of the best in the business (see U of Miami scandals and Seattle Seahawks), and injuries to the aging Jeff Garcia (as well as TO) had nothing to do with last season's losing record...

Seems to me TO has been right all along about 49er management...

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:13 pm

while i'm not siding with one opinion or the other....let's refrain from any personal attacks. it's not needed to get a point across.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:20 pm

hailskins666 wrote:while i'm not siding with one opinion or the other....let's refrain from any personal attacks. it's not needed to get a point across.

obviously...Nate Dogg has to either agree with people or insult them.... I guess thats just his way of handling things. Sounds grown up to me :D
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:29 pm

BTP, thats not exactly appropriate either. the topic at hand is "owens an eagle". lets try to stick to it. :wink:
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:32 pm

Nate Hogg wrote:Philly is an Armpit, shall we keep common sense from the thread as well?

I didn't realize the best player on a team with a 79-56 record and four playoff appearances during his tenure was "destroying the team".. oh wait, that's "detroying the team from being better"..

I'm sure it was TO making the team so lousy over the years, not mediocre defense. I'm sure the hiring of Dennis Erickson, long regarding one of the best in the business (see U of Miami scandals and Seattle Seahawks), and injuries to the aging Jeff Garcia (as well as TO) had nothing to do with last season's losing record...

Seems to me TO has been right all along about 49er management...

Nate, buddy, we understand your points well. You're making a strong argument, and that's what we apreciate on this site. What we don't appreciate is when someone becomes unfriendly by trying to insult another participant. Make your point in an inoffensive manner and you'll have a much better reception here.

You obviously know alot about football and have a hard-on for TO. :lol:
Gibbs is God

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:49 pm

hailskins666 wrote:BTP, thats not exactly appropriate either. the topic at hand is "owens an eagle". lets try to stick to it. :wink:

oops! I'll try to be better at that! :) :up:

To Nate Dogg:

Owens Destroyed the 49er's!

Love,
BringThePain! :D
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:52 pm

BringThePain! wrote:
hailskins666 wrote:BTP, thats not exactly appropriate either. the topic at hand is "owens an eagle". lets try to stick to it. :wink:

oops! I'll try to be better at that! :) :up:

To Nate Dogg:

Owens Destroyed the 49er's!

Love,
BringThePain! :D
thats better :D :up:
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby General Failure » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:18 pm

Philly is an Armpit wrote:Who's TO's supporting cast? Who's going to draw the safeties out of double teaming TO? McNabb? No. Thrash, Pinkston or Mitchell? Hell no. They have no running game, so far, with Deuce pretty much saying "sayonara". I think TO's a great receiver, but the Eagles aren't a great team because of their offense. Without Deuce, TO's effectiveness may be minimized with respect to how often he gets open. I'll be interested in seeing how Reid uses his new weapon. I'll be more interested in how Williams' renders the weapon useless.

:lol: Freddie will stay in the slot. Pinkston and Thrash (or hopefully a first round pick) will fight it out for the #2 spot. I'd like to see Freddie move up to start, but Reid likes him as the #3 guy. Duce was a change of pace back last year, and one hell of a receiver out of the backfield. Westbrook will get most of the carries again this year. Buckhalter will be back until we can find someone better. Mahe is an interesting guy. Small, speedy, and played WR in college. I'm hoping he gets to take over kickoff and punt return duty this year.

Other than that, Chad Lewis and LJ Smith will continue to work the middle of the field.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:11 pm

We shouldn't trade down. We should get Sean Taylor. TO going to Philly is another reason to beef up our secondary.

good point!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby tx_skins_fan » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:28 pm

Don't the Eagles play the Ravens this year? I can't wait to see how hard they hit TO after the way he disrespected them.
oops....sorry!

Hog

Postby General Failure » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:04 pm

The Ravens are making their first regular season visit to Philly this year. I don't want to say there's going to be a bounty on TO, but I hear Ray Lewis asked to borrow a kilo of the good stuff from Jamal.
I got your number. I steal your thunder. I got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm.

Return to Around the League