Owens an EAGLE

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:48 pm

FootLongHog wrote:so bringthepain, you ARE saying that Owens destroyed the 9ers!? well in that case, then surferskin was right to question you; and I reitterate the "look at your own posts" comment, which was meant to show you that surferskin did read your posts and responded to your thoughts about Owens destroying the team (which you have since disowned and then reclaimed) - i doubt surferskin was trying to get you flustered and defensive, so relax.

as for the giants comment, well...i was trying to say something positive. And while the giants could be okay, I will predict a last or tied for last place finish from the G-men in the NFC east.

Yes, I said it..... Owens destroyed the 49er's!

I never denied it, show me where i denied it?... i said it in a bunch of my posts.... what i was questioning was where surferskin said, "do you really think he's going to make the eagles worse??????"... Yes there is a possibilty he could make the eagles worse. in my honest opinion... Did he not make the 49er's worse by ripping the coach, front office, and QB.... doing that stuff can't be a positive thing for a football team???

If you don't want to cause people to be defensive you shouldn't say there comments are ignorant... If i said that TO was a white guy, with a mohawk.. thats ignorant...

but saying TO destroyed the 49er's is an opinion, and there's instances where alot of people could make a case that he did destroy the team.
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

Postby Nate Hogg » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:04 pm

BringThePain! Ouch! Where is there any evidence TO "destroyed" the 49ers? Is it the four playoff appearances ('97,'98,'01,'02) or the 79-56 team record from 1996 (his rookie year) through 2003?

Perhaps you should look at the facts before jumping to such "ignorant" conclusions...

Postby Brandon777 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:06 pm

psuLaVar wrote:Just worry bout the Eagles not dominating the redskins now because he will not be a problem for the Eagles in any way. He got paid and is playin for the team he wants to. Andy Reid will not put up with his crap if he starts up and TO is gonna learn that, and TO will not act up with Brian Dawkins in that locker room. Now Mcnabb has the chance to be in the top 3 for Qb's in the league. The Birds offense should dominate.
McNabb being in the top 3? I doubt that. Anything is possible. I think McNabb is alright, but not one of the best QBs out there. People can blame the Eagles receivers all day long for dropped passes, but I've seen McNabb throw behind receivers at their feet often. I don't see the Eagles offense dominating. I'm trying not to be bias, but I think the Redskins are going to have the best offense in the nfc east. I just hope our defense gets alot better. If the Giants draft Gallery, their O-line should improve quite a bit, which could provide some holes for Barber to run through and help protect Collins better. No one will know until the season starts.
Last edited by Brandon777 on Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let us all gather around and drink the Cooley-Aid of the Redskins.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:08 pm

it sounds to me that some folks up here need to settle it in the smack forum. :)
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

swine

Postby FootLongHog » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:18 pm

I would like to make the case that those who think he destroyed (destroyed?) the 9ers are not only wrong, but also ignorant of what happened over there.

here is the deal:

96- owens rookie year through 98- 49ers go 12-4, 13-3, 12-4...not bad. then comes 1999 and guess what happens????? Young retires, Owens gets hurt...niners go 4-12. the garcia era begins in '00...and with it comes a high-powered offense with owens putting up big numbers, but because of a terrible d, they finish 6-10. Now comes 01-02- and the niners, with jim mora jr. calling the shots on d (along with shrewd draft picks -peterson, plummer, winborne, etc.) have an improved D and go 12-4 and 10-6. Alas, after the '02 year (10-6), citing bitter relations btwn FO and coach, they fire mooch and bring in erikson (whose only legacy is destroying the integrity of college football and a terrible seahawks team), garcia gets hurt, owens misses a couple games, and the 9ers go 7-9. in the offseason, the 9ers lose half their starting OL, their pro-bowl qb and then owens.

Now someone explain, with facts and not just examples of him getting mad, how owens destroyed that team.

he can be a distraction, yes, but his greatness outweighs his impudence. there is a reason why 2 sb contenders were desperate to have him on the team.
No matter what they say, it's never large enough!

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:19 pm

Nate Hogg wrote:BringThePain! Ouch! Where is there any evidence TO "destroyed" the 49ers? Is it the four playoff appearances ('97,'98,'01,'02) or the 79-56 team record from 1996 (his rookie year) through 2003?

Perhaps you should look at the facts before jumping to such "ignorant" conclusions...

It's an opinion Nate Dogg.... Plus, i wasn't talkin about there history... but look at the team now... show me where there turning it around????

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2235490

Owens has averaged 93 receptions, 1,316 yards and 13 touchdowns over the past four seasons while feuding with teammates, coaches, the 49ers' front office and the media.

Owens' antics on and off the field have tainted some of his accomplishments, however.

Two years ago, he pulled out a pen and signed a ball after scoring a touchdown in Seattle. He wasn't fined for the move but was severely chastised by commissioner Paul Tagliabue, who said he would be disciplined for future stunts.

Owens once precipitated a melee during a game by dancing on the Dallas Cowboys' star at midfield after scoring.

He threw a sideline tantrum during a game against Cleveland last season, and lost it again the following week against Minnesota, chewing out offensive coordinator Greg Knapp after the 49ers were stopped on a fourth-and-1 running play."

My opinion is that he destroyed a franchise from being a better team, with all his antics.

If this opinion, hurts your feeling's then i'm sorry... but it's kinda childish to call some ones opinion ignorant... you can disagree... but no need for the insults... sweetheart! :P
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:21 pm

gibbsfan wrote:it sounds to me that some folks up here need to settle it in the smack forum. :)

I'm not talking smack... I'm asking that people not insult me, when they disagree with my opinion
**SPECIAL EDITION**

Hog

Postby NJ SKINSFAN » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:21 pm

Greg Williams will devise a scheme to stop Owens, It won't be left up to Just Smoot or Sprimgs. It's not like the Eagles have any other big threat wr.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Hog

Postby General Failure » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:24 pm

The offense isn't going to revolve around TO. Hell, we made it to three straight NFCCGs without him.
I got your number. I steal your thunder. I got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm.

Postby Nate Hogg » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:31 pm

ig·no·rant (gnr-nt)
adj.
Lacking education or knowledge.
Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
Unaware or uninformed.

\Ig"no*rant\, n. A person untaught or uninformed; one unlettered or unskilled; an ignoramous.

Otherwise known as "BringThePain!'s opinion"

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:34 pm

FootLongHog wrote:I would like to make the case that those who think he destroyed (destroyed?) the 9ers are not only wrong, but also ignorant of what happened over there.

here is the deal:

96- owens rookie year through 98- 49ers go 12-4, 13-3, 12-4...not bad. then comes 1999 and guess what happens????? Young retires, Owens gets hurt...niners go 4-12. the garcia era begins in '00...and with it comes a high-powered offense with owens putting up big numbers, but because of a terrible d, they finish 6-10. Now comes 01-02- and the niners, with jim mora jr. calling the shots on d (along with shrewd draft picks -peterson, plummer, winborne, etc.) have an improved D and go 12-4 and 10-6. Alas, after the '02 year (10-6), citing bitter relations btwn FO and coach, they fire mooch and bring in erikson (whose only legacy is destroying the integrity of college football and a terrible seahawks team), garcia gets hurt, owens misses a couple games, and the 9ers go 7-9. in the offseason, the 9ers lose half their starting OL, their pro-bowl qb and then owens.

Now someone explain, with facts and not just examples of him getting mad, how owens destroyed that team.

he can be a distraction, yes, but his greatness outweighs his impudence. there is a reason why 2 sb contenders were desperate to have him on the team.

If you don;t like your job, what do you do?? You suck it up and work there till you can find a better job and then you go work at your new job. You don't start telling the newspaper and TV while your still at your Job... how bad management is, your boss, your co-workers.... what is that gonna accomplish except bad press and bring that company down...

Whether he had good stats or not, he not only verbally did nothing good to bring his team together... he tore it apart in the media... if you can't see how that stop them from being a more than complete team... well i guess i can't say much that will.
**SPECIAL EDITION**

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:34 pm

Who's TO's supporting cast? Who's going to draw the safeties out of double teaming TO? McNabb? No. Thrash, Pinkston or Mitchell? Hell no. They have no running game, so far, with Deuce pretty much saying "sayonara". I think TO's a great receiver, but the Eagles aren't a great team because of their offense. Without Deuce, TO's effectiveness may be minimized with respect to how often he gets open. I'll be interested in seeing how Reid uses his new weapon. I'll be more interested in how Williams' renders the weapon useless.
Gibbs is God

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:35 pm

Nate Hogg wrote:ig·no·rant (gnr-nt)
adj.
Lacking education or knowledge.
Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
Unaware or uninformed.

\Ig"no*rant\, n. A person untaught or uninformed; one unlettered or unskilled; an ignoramous.

Otherwise known as "BringThePain!'s opinion"

Stop it! Your hurting my feelings! :roll: Come back with something more original next time... i've seen the definition thing before...
**SPECIAL EDITION**

scooter

Postby Scooter » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:39 pm

Playing football in Philly is like playing in Oakland. Owens attitude will last about 8 seconds witht he Philly media. And 8 more seconds with the Philly-fans. The Eagles are a good team, with a good coach - but they won't know how to handle the distraction of an attitude like TO. Guys like this don't make teams better - they strain the make up of the team. He's talented - no doubt. But he's not as good as HE thinks he is.

swine

Postby FootLongHog » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:41 pm

alright, alright, maybe you're just completely wrong, not ignorant.

i'm glad you and I can finally agree.
No matter what they say, it's never large enough!

Return to Around the League