NFLPA files lawsuit against NFL for collusion

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:31 am

SkinsJock wrote:Thanks 1niksder - doesn't sound like the there's much of a chance of this being a factor at all

when they agreed to the CBA, the players agreed to Godahell being able to do just about anything he wants

I also think, from reading into this that the Redskins and Cowboys cap penalties have ZERO chance of changing

what a mess - I hope the league finds a way to give Mara and his cronies some payback on this as well :twisted:

I'm not a attorney nor do I play one on the internet, but we have some members here that are or do, We'd need their input on this but when I read the NFLPA's argument (their current/new position), and recall why the arbitrator ruled in favor of the league, not only do the two not match up, it appears to open the door for Jerrah and "the Danny" to team up and sue everybody,

:feedback;
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 am

Am I the only one that'll be cheering for the Cowboys next Thursday? I hope EVERYONE kills NYG.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:38 am

ACW wrote:Am I the only one that'll be cheering for the Cowboys next Thursday?

Other than Cowpie fans, yes. The Pies play the Dolphins on Wednesday.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:00 am

Deadskins wrote:
ACW wrote:Am I the only one that'll be cheering for the Cowboys next Thursday?

Other than Cowpie fans, yes. The Pies play the Dolphins on Wednesday.
NEXT Thursday, as in a week from this Thursday.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:02 am

This Thursday is the next Thursday.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:23 am

I'm just yankin' your chain, ACW. Don't get worked up. :twisted:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:41 am

Okay, let's try again :P
Am I the only one hoping the Cowboys kill the Giants in the regular season opener?

Better? :lol:

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:12 pm

ROTFALMAO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 pm

ACW wrote:Am I the only one hoping the Cowboys kill the Giants in the regular season opener?

Silly ACW, the Redskins aren't playing either of those teams in the reguar season opener. :roll:

Three words:
Body bag game. :twisted:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Deadskins wrote:
ACW wrote:Am I the only one hoping the Cowboys kill the Giants in the regular season opener?

Silly ACW, the Redskins aren't playing either of those teams in the reguar season opener. :roll:

Three words:
Body bag game. :twisted:
Even better :twisted:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:44 pm

ESPN is reporting that the 4 players are now allowed to play this weekend

The ruling is actually a request for clarification

BUT

you can imagine that the NFLPA and the players will make it appear that the judge has overruled Roger Goodell

more to come ...

you can just imagine that Sean and Joe will immediately try and see if they can also get back on the field sooner
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:32 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
In the filing, it is alleged that the NFL and owners furthered their concealment by “approving the very player contracts that enabled the Redskins, Cowboys, Raiders, and Saints to exceed the secret, collusive salary cap” and, prior to and on March 11, 2012, failed to disclose to the players or the NFLPA “that the true reason for the then-proposed reallocation was to penalize the Redskins, Cowboys, Raiders, and Saints for not fully abiding by the Collusive Agreement.”

Hmmm, good luck to the NFLPA in arguing that they had no idea WHAT the reason for the cap reallocations was!

In my view, that was where the NFLPA screwed up. I argued before that the NFLPA screwed both their friends and themselves by agreeing to screw the Skins and Cowboys. I got lots of ... they had no choice! They are going to take more cap away! But this was my argument, you can't agree to it then sue them. I still don't see how the players win this, and frankly they deserve to lose because of their shortsighted selfishness. Nobody spends like Danny & Jerry, and they helped punish us for it. With friends like that...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Around the League