Tebow to Pats

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
DarthMonk

Tebow to Pats

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:43 am

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms Tim Tebow will be a quarterback with the Patriots.Per Mort, Tebow will enter Tuesday's minicamp as New England's third-string QB, behind Tom Brady and Ryan Mallett. Despite previous rumors otherwise, Tebow is not being tried at tight end, although it would be in Tebow's best interests to be open to playing any position. He's avoided trying tight end in the past. Obviously, Tebow is not going to be a major threat for playing time behind future Hall of Famer Brady and young, strong-armed backup Mallett. The Pats may be simply kicking the tires on the former Josh McDaniels draft pick.
Jun 10 - 5:49 PMSource: Chris Mortensen on Twitter
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:45 pm

This is one of the two teams that I thought should have grabbed Tebow with a 4th round picks... the other being Green Bay, primarily as an investment. Bring him in, develop him, get him some quality playing time in preseason of year two or 3, increasing his value to some desperate team, and trade him. Unfortunately, he is now tainted, and probably pigeonholed... everyone knows what he is... an outstanding athlete with few marketable NFL skills... fortunately for him, the Patriots are one of two or three teams that can afford to work with him.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:50 pm

The best possible situation for Tebow. Hes a good guy and deserves a shot. Its not like he did anything to not deserve at least a chance to make a roster. Good news IMHO.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:19 pm

I have a feeling that Tebow is going to see a lot of time learning H back/TE, in light of what has happened with that ass Henandez...

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:33 pm

Countertrey wrote:I have a feeling that Tebow is going to see a lot of time learning H back/TE, in light of what has happened with that ass Henandez...

That's his best chance to earn the performance bonuses:

USA TODAY ~

Tebow can earn up to $2 million in playing-time incentives in 2014.

Tebow will earn the full $2 million only if he's on the field for 80% of the offensive snaps and the Patriots win 10 games or make the postseason.

Tebow will earn $500,000 if he participates in 60% of the plays in 2014, $1 million for 70% or $1.5 million for 80% of the plays without reaching the playoffs or winning 10 games.

Assuming Tom Brady stays healthy, Tebow's best chance at hitting those incentives would be his playing somewhere other than quarterback. There are no playing time incentives this year for Tebow, meaning he'll earn the same amount as a backup quarterback that he would earn as a contributor elsewhere.

Tebow is scheduled to earn a base salary of $630,000 this season. That salary has a "split" rate of $358,000 if he lands on injured reserve, meaning he'll be paid the lower rate for all weeks he's on IR. Tebow's 2014 base salary is $730,000, with a split rate of $398,000.

Including the $25,000 workout bonus next year, the maximum value of the contract is $3.385 million over two years. The base value (minus incentives) is $1.385 million.

And again, the minimum value if he's released before making the 53-man roster this year is $0.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:14 pm

That's a good deal for the Patriots. They can't lose on this.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby gushogs » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:20 am

With Welker gone, Gronk with a back operation and now Hernandez behind bars, Tebow chances have increased exponentially.

HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Deadskins wrote:That's a good deal for the Patriots. They can't lose on this.

the Patriots play 6 games against Buffalo, Miami and New York ... what's not to like about that :roll:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:22 am

I'm happy to see that the excuse of Tebow's failure to play, at all, last year being SOLELY the fault of the Jets' ineptitude has been shown to be fantasy. Now that his latest (last!!??) "golden opportunity" has resulted in the same end as all of his other golden opportunities in the NFL, can we rightfully deposit him on the Eric Crouch, Gino Torreta, Chris Weinke Hesiman scrap heap and be done?

Or please let Oakland sign him. Either way.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

emoses14 wrote:I'm happy to see that the excuse of Tebow's failure to play, at all, last year being SOLELY the fault of the Jets' ineptitude has been shown to be fantasy. Now that his latest (last!!??) "golden opportunity" has resulted in the same end as all of his other golden opportunities in the NFL, can we rightfully deposit him on the Eric Crouch, Gino Torreta, Chris Weinke Hesiman scrap heap and be done?

Yeah, not beating out Tom Brady is just like not getting a shot at replacing Mark Sanchez.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:17 pm

The Raiders would be smart to sign him and dump Pryor!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:22 pm

If Tebow is to have a shot at an NFL career, it will NOT be as a quarterback... the word in New England is that his refusal to play another position made it impossible for the Patriots to keep him. Some CFL team may give him a shot...

Al Davis is dead... so it won't be an NFL team.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Deadskins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:I'm happy to see that the excuse of Tebow's failure to play, at all, last year being SOLELY the fault of the Jets' ineptitude has been shown to be fantasy. Now that his latest (last!!??) "golden opportunity" has resulted in the same end as all of his other golden opportunities in the NFL, can we rightfully deposit him on the Eric Crouch, Gino Torreta, Chris Weinke Hesiman scrap heap and be done?

Yeah, not beating out Tom Brady is just like not getting a shot at replacing Mark Sanchez.

Come on now, You can do better than that straw man. 1. He wasn't there to beat out Brady, no one on earth has ever suggested otherwise 2. He didn't deserve a shot to replace Sanchez, he's that bad, obviously.

Tebow's refusal to accept the fact that he ain't nfl qb material is at the root of this (see the rumor that his refusal to switch positions is why he got cut). I'm pointing what has been obvious for a while, he sucks at nfl qb, so much so that he can't even hold down the fort as a number 3. Though to be fair , that might be in part because of his circus and fans, but make no mistake, it's because of his too slow mind, too crappy arm, and inability to be a qb in the nfl.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:23 pm

It's not that I disagree about his ability to play QB at the NFL level, though he's not as bad as you make out, but I don't believe his being cut by NE is necessarily proof of that. Nor do I think the situation in New York is even remotely comparable.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:47 am

Deadskins wrote:It's not that I disagree about his ability to play QB at the NFL level, though he's not as bad as you make out, but I don't believe his being cut by NE is necessarily proof of that. Nor do I think the situation in New York is even remotely comparable.

OK. I do agree that the only comparison between the two (NE and NYJ) is that both came to same conclusion regarding Tebow's ability to play QB. You are right, there is absolutely a stroke or two (or 3) of going too far in my assessment of his ability as a result of pure schadenfreude.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Around the League