Johnny Manziel

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
|||

Johnny Manziel

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Eh I just wanted to prep us Redskins fans for what I think may happen. I believe that the Cowpies are going to go after and do whatever it takes to land Johnny Manziel the Heisman trophy winner. If that happens we will have a heck of a battle every year. Two Heisman trophy winners dueling for the NFC East crown.

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones was asked that Wednesday during a conference call with season-ticket holders.

“Although we’ve just signed Romo, there’s a time when you start at quarterback, preparing for the future,” Jones explained. “We can’t talk about, I’m forbidden, from league rules of talking at all about an undrafted player, a player that still has eligibility. That has as much to do with your competitive aspect of other teams not liking that. In other words, what are you doing? Are you trying to recruit? Are you getting ahead of things?

“I can’t talk about him but, gosh, do I enjoy watching him and I am enjoying our Heisman Trophy winner.”
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Concluding this from my limited knowledge of this man (looked at three highlight videos), but he reminds me of Pat White.

Seems to be a good runner but his passes are a little slow.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 pm

He has a good arm. Not the like of RG3 or Aaron Rogers but it is a good arm. Its Manzeils intangibles which make him a great player.

He has awsome instincts, leadership and is a winner. I just hope Manziel does not land in Dallas. Its a long shot that Manziel lands in Dallas due to Romos contract. However with Jerry Jones you just never know?
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:37 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:He has a good arm. Not the like of RG3 or Aaron Rogers but it is a good arm. Its Manzeils intangibles which make him a great player.

He has awsome instincts, leadership and is a winner. I just hope Manziel does not land in Dallas. Its a long shot that Manziel lands in Dallas due to Romos contract. However with Jerry Jones you just never know?

Romo's contract seems like a contradiction. In one sense it seems the team knows he isn't their solution, yet when you put up a contract like that it definitely says otherwise.

That's cool though about Manzeil's arm. Hopefully I can pay more attention to college football this year to get a little more familiar with next draft's prospects.

Return to Around the League