Playoff officiating

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
08 Champ

Playoff officiating

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:21 pm

watching the 49ers at Packers - these officials are letting a lot go and not making calls they should make

The NFL should kick these bad NFL officials out after this season
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Re: Playoff officiating

Postby ACW » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:25 pm

I actually don't mind letting a lot go, AS LONG AS it's consistent.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:21 am

That's a fair comment - for the most part I'd agree - it's fun to 'let the players play' ...

the thing is that the 'rules' are in place and while nit-picking stoppages and penalties are annoying there are some significant penalties that are not being called because the refs are not good enough not because they have judged the 'infraction' to be 'fair' to both sides

there are a number of very good officials but there is not enough accountability My 2 cents
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:26 pm

SkinsJock wrote:watching the 49ers at Packers - these officials are letting a lot go and not making calls they should make

It's always been the case that they don't call as many fouls in the playoffs. Good teams know this going in, and will take advantage.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:watching the 49ers at Packers - these officials are letting a lot go and not making calls they should make

It's always been the case that they don't call as many fouls in the playoffs. Good teams know this going in, and will take advantage.

I am all in favor of them letting things go ...

I also wish the NFL would 'punish' those refs that are not calling blatant fouls by taking them out of the playoff roster

we have a number of good refs and we have a few bad ones - Ed H needs to go

Return to Around the League