Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby ACW » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Deadskins wrote:
ACW wrote:Congrats Deadskins :(
Blount might have bulldozed my chances (man, the Patriots with a deadly RUNNING game now? Watch out).

It isn't over yet by any means, but right now I have a 19 point cushion on the over side of my point total.
It's over :cry:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16055
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:31 pm

ACW wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
ACW wrote:Congrats Deadskins :(
Blount might have bulldozed my chances (man, the Patriots with a deadly RUNNING game now? Watch out).

It isn't over yet by any means, but right now I have a 19 point cushion on the over side of my point total.
It's over :cry:

I need 32 points from SD @ DEN to win. Highly likely, but certainly no lead-pipe lock.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby ACW » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Please, no way these teams score less than 15 in the 2nd half :( :(
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16055
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:54 pm

I sure was sweating it. And, I'm guessing you were thinking "This might just happen."
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby ACW » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:52 am

Congrats for real. Do me a favor though: Please let me know who I'd be facing this upcoming week and whether I'd be the home team. I wanna keep playing just for fun.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

08 Champ
Posts: 13223
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:55 am

G'day ACW - if you had won, as 2nd seed you would have been 'at home' to Countertrey ...

I would still be playing as the 'away team' against DM

and now we have JSPB 'visiting' Countertrey
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: Panama

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby gushogs » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:51 am

DarthMonk wrote:Picks in large bold

Sat. Jan 11

NOS @ SEA
IND @ PAT

Sun. Jan 12

49R @ CAR
SDC @ DEN

189 POINTS

Good luck, gus. We will know after IND @ PAT. If you had picked CAR, I probably would have too.


Hey Darth, congrats on the W. Thought it was time for a new generation, but Brady is still the man and Luck ran out of luck. Got the 187 pts, Spot on!, see ya next year...

HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:15 am

gushogs wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Picks in large bold

Sat. Jan 11

NOS @ SEA
IND @ PAT

Sun. Jan 12

49R @ CAR
SDC @ DEN

189 POINTS

Good luck, gus. We will know after IND @ PAT. If you had picked CAR, I probably would have too.


Hey Darth, congrats on the W. Thought it was time for a new generation, but Brady is still the man and Luck ran out of luck. Got the 187 pts, Spot on!, see ya next year...

HaiL,


Thanks.

BTW - It was 177 this weekend. I had a number so close to yours I thought I better pick a game different. Plus, I thought PAT would win anyway.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: Panama

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby gushogs » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Have to check my mental math skills... Kind of rusty after the holidays!
HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:52 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Countertrey wrote:NO @ SEA Seahawks
IND @ NE Patriots

SF @ CAR Niners
SD @ DEN Broncos

185 Points


You against me next weekend.

:rock:


Correction? Me vs. Deadman?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ
Posts: 13223
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:03 pm

It's SkinsJock visiting Countertrey and the Dead at Darth's place ...

waiting on the 'official' from the playoff commish
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

08 Champ
Posts: 13223
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:26 pm

I wonder if the point spread might be considered after the 2 Hognosticators have picked the 'same' teams

in other words there is no need for a point spread choice unless it is needed as a tie breaker

I could choose 2 teams this weekend and if Countertrey liked the same 2 teams then I would have to come up with total points scored
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16055
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby Deadskins » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:08 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I wonder if the point spread might be considered after the 2 Hognosticators have picked the 'same' teams

in other words there is no need for a point spread choice unless it is needed as a tie breaker

I could choose 2 teams this weekend and if Countertrey liked the same 2 teams then I would have to come up with total points scored

Why wait?

Sorry I haven't gotten to this yet. I've been at a funeral most of the day. I'll come out with the Championship Round thread in a little while.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I wonder if the point spread might be considered after the 2 Hognosticators have picked the 'same' teams

in other words there is no need for a point spread choice unless it is needed as a tie breaker

I could choose 2 teams this weekend and if Countertrey liked the same 2 teams then I would have to come up with total points scored

Why wait?

Sorry I haven't gotten to this yet. I've been at a funeral most of the day. I'll come out with the Championship Round thread in a little while.


I'd say knowing a guy's points by noon Thursday adds to the advantage of the home team and being at home, I want to know that point prediction by noon Thursday.

My 2 cents
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14527
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Divisional Round

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:28 pm

SJ, several years ago I won the tourney as the away on all 3 weekends... Yes, that year I actually had opponents in all three.
It can be done. The points are an important part of home field advantage.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Around the League