Safety on Patriots' punt.

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
JSPB22

Safety on Patriots' punt.

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:21 am

Man, none of these commentators know the rules. All of the comments on the punter's attempt to pass the ball were of the "What the hell was he thinking?" variety. Well, if he had thrown an incompletion, then the Colts get the ball back at the 45, not the two. I'm not convinced he was even trying to pass it anyway, but no one ever considered the incompletion scenario, even on the highlight shows. smh
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Re: Safety on Patriots' punt.

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:51 am

Deadskins wrote:Man, none of these commentators know the rules. All of the comments on the punter's attempt to pass the ball were of the "What the hell was he thinking?" variety. Well, if he had thrown an incompletion, then the Colts get the ball back at the 45, not the two. I'm not convinced he was even trying to pass it anyway, but no one ever considered the incompletion scenario, even on the highlight shows. smh

+1

Pretty sad. I was drinking Belgians with a friend and our very first comment was "Incomplete or safety." Replay clearly showed fumble = safety.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Around the League