Robert Griffin III

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: RG3 - trying to prove he can play QB in the NFL

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:42 am

Hue would have known that Griffin's main issues were reading the defense and not risking a bad injury - there is no way that Hue would have taken on the difficult task if he did not think that he could help Griffin become an NFL QB

Griffin has to get much better at reading defenses and knowing that he cannot put himself at risk of a bad injury
Nobody really expects the Redskins to do well and this is primarily due to the way the franchise is managed.
It's not the players or the coaches fault. It's time to clean house & change the losing culture here

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:58 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:haters are going to hate ...

I'd like to see Griffin play at a high level ... except on week 4

it'd be good for the NFL and great for Brown's fans

I don't think it will happen. He cannot play in the pocket. He did not develop any skills in that direction in Washington... and I can't imagine that he has picked them up now. Hue Jackson has staked his coaching career on this super talented athlete with a sprinter's body, who cannot be successful playing in a system that would protect that body. His success will come from his mobility, his ability to threaten the edges, and freeze linebackers and DE's. And, that sprinter's body will be broken... again. And Hue Jackson will find his career in jeopardy, as well.

I agree with all of this except Hue Jackson's career being in jeopardy. Griffin was signed to a 2-year "show me" deal. If he doesn't, he's done. I don't think that will have any effect on Hue.
Jackson was orgasmic over the potential, the talent, the mobility, the intelligence... and tripped all over himself to make this happen. Make no mistake. His reputation... and his career... are inexorably intertwined. If Bob succeeds, he is a genius, and reaps NFL manna... If Bob fails, the questions and doubt will dog him, ESPECIALLY if the Browns fall flat on their faces along with him. Add to that, the lukewarm support for this from the owner...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:02 am

Didn't see the game but the report said Griffin got sacked 5 times during the first half. He got rid of the ball quickly during the first two preseason games in Hue's offense but tonight he took a pounding.
Last edited by OldSchool on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:37 am

5 sacks in 1 half.

Browns fans blame the o-line.

Sound familiar?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:08 pm

as some of us know the Browns offensive line in 2016 will most likely be horrible

however - it may be a better offensive line than the Redskins offensive line of 2014 :lol:

Griffin really did not pick a very good place to go prove he can play QB but he most likely did not have many choices either

Hue had a couple of choices but chose to make him the starter ...
Nobody really expects the Redskins to do well and this is primarily due to the way the franchise is managed.
It's not the players or the coaches fault. It's time to clean house & change the losing culture here

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:12 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:5 sacks in 1 half.

Browns fans blame the o-line.

Sound familiar?

Their head coach Hue Jackson said it was a combination of physicality of the oline and no wrs getting open particularly. Could be covering up for him but I'd rather take sacks though than turn the ball over. He had a 108 rating...made good throws underneath But was inaccurate on his intermediate throws. Once again launched two deep balls that was successful. Had 57%

The Browns need work...they pretty much was failing at all categories, could have the worst cover defense in the league.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:02 pm

RG3 almost singlehandedly losing the game for the Browns today.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:36 pm

I see the same RGIII who couldn't get it done in D.C. with better talent.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:16 pm

Didn't see the game just saw his stats 12-26 197 yds 0 TD 1 Int 55 QBR.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:34 pm

A BIG thank you to Robert Griffin III for showing all the doubters and ESPECIALLY the haters that he can play QB in the NFL

the Browns are really bad but the Eagles could prove to be almost as bad - this is a terrible team

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:06 pm

Here is a Cleveland media account of the game which sounds a lot like the Griffin games we remember including Griffin finishing the day dinged up.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/09/robert_griffin_iii_browns_vs_e.html#incart_big-photo

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:16 pm

Bob continues to prove that he is invulnerable, and can run through anything...

I mean... he thinks he can. The problem is, apparently his joints, and other components of his skeletal system cannot. He is immune to learning from earlier mistakes...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:08 pm

SkinsJock wrote:A BIG thank you to Robert Griffin III for showing all the doubters and ESPECIALLY the haters that he can play QB in the NFL

What game were you watching? Or were you playing Madden?

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:37 pm

Placed on IR.

Out for at least 8 weeks.

Sure showed the doubters and haters wrong.

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Wow... Out for 8 weeks. I wonder if they give him another shot when he is healthy?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/09/robert_griffin_iii_shoulder_jo.html#incart_2box

Return to Around the League