PFHOF Class of 2017

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Diesel
Posts: 7173
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby DEHog » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:28 am

With the finalists getting ready to be announced I thought it would be fun to predict the Closs of 2017.

Here’s how I see it playing out this year….

2017 Semi Finalists

Morten Anderson

Steve Atwater

Tony Boselli

Isaac Bruce

Don Coryell

Roger Craig

Terrell Davis

Brian Dawkins

Alan Faneca

Chris Hinton

Torry Holt

Joe Jacoby

Edgerrin James

Jimmy Johnson

Mike Kenn

Ty Law

John Lynch

Clay Matthews

Kevin Mawae

Karl Mecklenburg

Terrell Owens

Jason Taylor

LaDainian, Tomlinson

Hines Ward

Kurt Warner

Darren Woodson

2017 Finalist

Kevin Mawae

Jimmy Johnson

Roger Craig

Karl Mecklenburg

LaDainian Tomlinson

Morten Andersen

Steve Atwater

Alan Faneca

Terrell Owens

Edgerrin James

Don Coryell

Joe Jacoby

Terrell Davis

John Lynch

Kurt Warner

Kenny Easley (Senior)

Jerry Jones (Contributor)

Paul Tagliabue (Contributor)

First Cut

Kevin Mawae

Jimmy Johnson

Edgerrin James

Roger Craig

Karl Mecklenburg

Second Cut

Morten Andersen

Steve Atwater

Alan Faneca

LaDainian Tomlinson

Terrell Owens



2017 Class for Pro Football Hall of Fame

Don Coryell

Joe Jacoby

Terrell Davis

John Lynch

Kurt Warner

Kenny Easley


Paul Tagilabue

(If they decide to go with 8, I think it will be Terrell Owens)

Don't make any other plans for the first week of August...we are going to Canton!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 17828
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:46 am

Thanks DEHog - that's great news ...

some of our players could learn a lot from players like Joe Jacoby - these guys don't play with near the same intensity
The Redskins' franchise has been a huge disappointment since 1999 and it's not getting better anytime soon

Skins History Buff
Online
Posts: 5622
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby welch » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:47 am

Yes, it should be Big Joe.

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby Bdot » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:18 pm

I like Roger Craig in there over either Lynch or Warner.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 17828
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:05 pm

we'll be sure to pass that on ...
The Redskins' franchise has been a huge disappointment since 1999 and it's not getting better anytime soon

Diesel
Posts: 7173
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby DEHog » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:02 pm

Bdot wrote:I like Roger Craig in there over either Lynch or Warner.

Warner is a LOCK! Made it to the final cut two years in a row, only reason he didn't get in last year was because of a guy named Farve. Add to that he's the only QB nominated as a semi-finalist this year.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:14 pm

If there is an 8th? it could be Jerruh but then again Jerruh ahead of the real architect Jimmie
makes no sense, so here's hoping Jimmie somehow makes it - cheers
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 17828
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:53 pm

TexasCowboy wrote:If there is an 8th it could be Jerruh but, then again, Jerruh ahead of the real architect Jimmie makes no sense, so here's hoping Jimmie somehow makes it - cheers


how do you come up with this sort of BS? - you clearly have no clue about this :twisted:
The Redskins' franchise has been a huge disappointment since 1999 and it's not getting better anytime soon

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby TexasCowboy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:17 pm

SkinsJock wrote:how do you come up with this sort of BS? - you clearly have no clue about this :twisted:


Clearly you can't read (no surprise)

DE mentioned a possible 8th name that would be added to the 2017
pro football hall of fame class, Tagilabue, however I don't think
Jerruh's name is out of the running for this years class of inductees
but I say...Induct Jimmie J if there is going to be an 8th instead of
Jerruh

carry on
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby Bdot » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:53 pm

TexasCowboy wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:how do you come up with this sort of BS? - you clearly have no clue about this :twisted:


Clearly you can't read (no surprise)

DE mentioned a possible 8th name that would be added to the 2017
pro football hall of fame class, Tagilabue, however I don't think
Jerruh's name is out of the running for this years class of inductees
but I say...Induct Jimmie J if there is going to be an 8th instead of
Jerruh

carry on

Image

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby TexasCowboy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:20 pm

Bdot wrote:
TexasCowboy wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:how do you come up with this sort of BS? - you clearly have no clue about this :twisted:


Clearly you can't read (no surprise)

DE mentioned a possible 8th name that would be added to the 2017
pro football hall of fame class, Tagilabue, however I don't think
Jerruh's name is out of the running for this years class of inductees
but I say...Induct Jimmie J if there is going to be an 8th instead of
Jerruh

carry on

Image


Image

Humbug
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

DarthMonk
Posts: 6762
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:57 pm

As some of us understand, even fans can nominate someone. I do not have high hopes for Richie Petitbon going in as a coach. He has 3 rings as a coordinator but failed as a head coach. He was also an excellent player. I could see him getting in the way Dick LeBeau did eventually.

It is easy to overlook Brian Mitchell. He is second only to Jerry Rice in lifetime all-purpose yards with 23,330 to Rice's 23,546.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby TexasCowboy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:44 pm

DarthMonk wrote:As some of us understand, even fans can nominate someone. I do not have high hopes for Richie Petitbon going in as a coach. He has 3 rings as a coordinator but failed as a head coach. He was also an excellent player. I could see him getting in the way Dick LeBeau did eventually.

It is easy to overlook Brian Mitchell. He is second only to Jerry Rice in lifetime all-purpose yards with 23,330 to Rice's 23,546.


Talk about a hypocrite with no clue,

first NO hope, changes direction concludes with he could see him getting in the way LeBeau did
but staunchly believes Norv will never see the inside of the Hall rotflmao
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

Diesel
Posts: 7173
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:48 pm

For the record Petibon was one of 94 modern era players/coaches nominated for the PFHOF this year. IMO this was a symbolic nomination as his 25 years to make it as a modern era inductee is up next year.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Diesel
Posts: 7173
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:57 pm

TexasCowboy wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:As some of us understand, even fans can nominate someone. I do not have high hopes for Richie Petitbon going in as a coach. He has 3 rings as a coordinator but failed as a head coach. He was also an excellent player. I could see him getting in the way Dick LeBeau did eventually.

It is easy to overlook Brian Mitchell. He is second only to Jerry Rice in lifetime all-purpose yards with 23,330 to Rice's 23,546.


Talk about a hypocrite with no clue,

first NO hope, changes direction concludes with he could see him getting in the way LeBeau did
but staunchly believes Norv will never see the inside of the Hall rotflmao

I think the joke is on you, Petibon could get in the way Labeau did, as a senior nominated
player. Norv never played in the NFL so he will have to rely on his HC career.

Finalists come out in a few hours....Here's to Jake!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Return to Around the League