PFHOF Class of 2017

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Re: PFHOF Class of 2017

Postby TexasCowboy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 pm

That's not true, I have a lot more...like all the future denials and spam you'll
spread on this board, hey, you can't help it, throwing *sh$t* against the wall to
see what sticks is the only thing you got going for you

that and you can't stop getting owned by me
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:41 pm

To the mods. You can close this thread. I, or someone else will start one next year about the 2018 PFHOF class.
Last edited by flamethrower on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:38 pm

Now he gives up? lmao guess they have to learn sometime don't they
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:17 pm

This thread has a topic. It discusses possibilities for this year's NFL Draft. That does not include personal attacks, NOR disruptive attempts to bait others. It does not include responding to such posts.
I am not here to police the behavior of grown-ass adults. Take it to smack.
I recently addressed this in another forum. HINT: it does NOT matter what forum you are posting in, unless it is smack. I have watched it for too long, foolishly expecting it to play out. That is done.

Trey :evil:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:29 pm

I am quite dismayed that a kicker and Jake did not.

After looking at his career I'm willing to give Jason Taylor his props as Jake's equal but Jake was first and should have gotten in earlier or this year instead of Morten Anderson.

And honestly, did either Kenny Easley or Terrell Davis really have a HOF career?

I don't know, man. Seems like Jake got screwed.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:30 am

DarthMonk wrote:I am quite dismayed that a kicker and Jake did not.

After looking at his career I'm willing to give Jason Taylor his props as Jake's equal but Jake was first and should have gotten in earlier or this year instead of Morten Anderson.

And honestly, did either Kenny Easley or Terrell Davis really have a HOF career?

No doubt Jake continues to get screwed. I’ve look at this things from a bunch of different angles as well as doing some analytics. I think the Hall lacks a clear understanding of what a first ballot HOF’er is…and it cost guys like Jake in the long run. I can tell you from talking to a few “people” that the biggest issue this year was with Jason Taylor being voted in as a first ballot…are you really saying he’s in the same class as Reggie White and Bruce Smith...just because Tom Brady wrote a letter? If you’re a HOF voter and that letter swayed you to vote him in….shame on you!! Kenny Easley was voted in a as a senior candidate. No way Davis should have gotten is this soon, borderline HOF’er , only played 7 years. Same with Andersen, way too soon….why does he get in on his 5th try while Jake is still waiting 19 years later? But the biggest injustice was voting Tony Bosselli into the top 10 in his first year as a finalist. What happened in 12 months that Boselli went from not being a finalist to replacing Jake in the top 10?
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:37 pm

DEHog wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I am quite dismayed that a kicker and Jake did not.

No doubt Jake continues to get screwed. I’ve look at this things from a bunch of different angles as well as doing some analytics. I think the Hall lacks a clear understanding of what a first ballot HOF’er is…and it cost guys like Jake in the long run. I can tell you from talking to a few “people” that the biggest issue this year was with Jason Taylor being voted in as a first ballot…are you really saying he’s in the same class as Reggie White and Bruce Smith...just because Tom Brady wrote a letter? If you’re a HOF voter and that letter swayed you to vote him in….shame on you!! Kenny Easley was voted in a as a senior candidate. No way Davis should have gotten is this soon, borderline HOF’er , only played 7 years. Same with Andersen, way too soon….why does he get in on his 5th try while Jake is still waiting 19 years later? But the biggest injustice was voting Tony Bosselli into the top 10 in his first year as a finalist. What happened in 12 months that Boselli went from not being a finalist to replacing Jake in the top 10?

It will always be this way, and will remain so until the qualifications for electors are changed to remove the press. Electors should include Current Members of the Hall, Players with more than 6 years in the game, including retirees, and me, each group weighted at 33%. I am completely objective, btw. Just sayin...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:06 am

Yea I hear you CT, not sure what the solution is?? The Hall did add two players last year (Fouts and Lofton). My issue is with the newbies that never saw guys like Jake play first hand! KC replaced a guy (who I know firsthand, voted for Jake) with a 33 year old new sports writer…he’s a Howard grad so maybe there’s hope!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Return to Around the League