Hognostication Playoffs 2017 - Championship Round

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2017 - Championship Round

Postby ACW » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Packers
Patriots

DarthMonk wrote:Green Bay Packers
New England Patriots
76 points
76 and 75? You DO realize it's the combined score for BOTH games, not just the first one :lol:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications:
2012-2013 Co-Champion; Playoff Champion
2014-2015 Champion; Playoff Semifinalist

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:51 pm

ACW wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Patriots

New England Patriots
76 points
76 and 75? You DO realize it's the combined score for BOTH games, not just the first one :lol:

ROTFALMAO - I also found these to be very low and was going to go 101 but ....

all the best to you ACW and to CT and DM as well

as a matter of interest, I was going to take the Packers for the very strange reason that despite our horrible W/L record over recent years, we seem to find a way to beat the eventual SB winner during the season
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:56 pm

ACW wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:it's no wonder you were eliminated ... I'm the 'visiting' team here - give me a break

Yeah, I was wondering why I got that PM :lol:

Packers
Patriots

you got a PM? - interesting ... mine must have got lost in the mail :twisted:
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:30 pm

ACW wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Patriots

New England Patriots
76 points

Of course I do.

You do realize why I did this, right?

8)

OTOH, I remember a game earlier this year between the Saints and the Giants. The under/over was 54 and everyone was screaming OVER!

Final score was 16-13. :shock:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:07 am

SkinsJock wrote:
ACW wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:it's no wonder you were eliminated ... I'm the 'visiting' team here - give me a break

Yeah, I was wondering why I got that PM :lol:

Packers
Patriots

you got a PM? - interesting ... mine must have got lost in the mail :twisted:

Had I thought you were the visitor and were in danger of missing your deadline, you would have been the one to get the PM. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:06 am

Deadskins wrote:Had I thought you were the visitor and were in danger of missing your deadline, you would have been the one to get the PM. :roll:

Remember the consternation about me not reminding my opponent to make picks in Hog Wash over Xmas vacation?

:lol:

sorry ... kinda

:mrgreen:

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:58 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Had I thought you were the visitor and were in danger of missing your deadline, you would have been the one to get the PM. :roll:

Remember the consternation about me not reminding my opponent to make picks in Hog Wash over Xmas vacation?

No. Can you provide a quote?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

No. Can you provide a quote?

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Welcome to the Hognostication playoffs for the 2014-2015 NFL season. First, let me say congratulations to ACW. Great year! You were at the top or very near the entire season. Here are the final scores, for the record:

1 ACW 163
2 Deadskins 162
3 Countertrey 161
4 SkinsJock 160
5 Markshark 84 157
6 tribeofjudah 154
7 DavidLyne 147
8 DarthMonk 145
9 Hi Im CKRgiii 144

10 gushogs 136
11 Irn Bru 114
12 Justice Hog 107
Here's how the Hognostication Playoffs work:

Once again, we are going to have a tournament of these 12 players. The top four seeds get a bye. This week, 12 will play at 5, 11 @ 6, 10 @ 7, and 9 @ 8. Every subsequent week, the contestants will be reseeded based on the previous week's results. Home field advantage is given by making the visiting team pick first. There will be two deadlines for getting picks in, one for the visitors and one for the home team. This week the visitors' deadline is 12:00 NOON, EST on Friday. Normally, it would be earlier, but I'm getting a late start. You are picking the winner of each game, and a point total for the entire weekend. Once a visitor has made his picks, he can change his picks as often as he'd like, up until the home team has made their picks. The home team can not make their picks until the visiting team has done so, or the visiting team's deadline has passed. Once the home team has picked, the visiting team's picks are locked, EVEN IF THE VISITORS' DEADLINE HAS NOT PASSED. The home team's picks don't lock until five minutes before the first game of the weekend (the home team's deadline). The home team's total score prediction can not be an even number difference from the visiting team's total. (Visitors say 121, home team can't say 123. This way, no ties) Whole numbers only.

Here are the game to be Hognosticated this weekend:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 3RD

ARI (11-5) @ CAR (7-8-1) 4:35PM ET
BAL (10-6) @ PIT (11-5) 8:15PM ET

SUNDAY, JANUARY 4TH

CIN (10-5-1) @ IND (11-5) 1:05PM ET
DET (11-5) @ DAL (12-4) 4:40PM ET

Good luck to everyone, and happy Hognosticating!

It appears Hi Im CKRgiii has not posted by his deadline. Here are my winning picks/points:

ARZ, RAV, BEN, DET will all win by the score of 2-0 whence my predicted point total is 8.

PS - I'm starting to think Tucker of the Ravens might kick a FG but I have until 5 minutes before kickoff to change my mind so, no worries. Any side bets on my predictions??

:-"

DarthMonk wrote:Picks are in but I'm realistically thinking home teams and something like 182 points.

Wish we were playing.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Picks are in but I'm realistically thinking home teams and something like 182 points.

Wish we were playing.

Oh? More then u want to win? Funny weve had conversations in hogwash yet never mentioned a single thing about "playing".

GL bitches :twisted:

DarthMonk wrote:

Wish we were playing.

Oh? More then u want to win? Funny weve had conversations in hogwash yet never mentioned a single thing about "playing".

GL bitches :twisted:

Huh??

I wish we (the Redskins) were playing this week.

I think the Deadman PMed everyone. Besides, this is the forum for Hognostications, not Hogwash, and these playoffs have been going on for years.

Last year: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40023

Co0l story brO.
:middlefingerguy:

*clicked link. If u did youd see I wasnt present last year, I imagine due to cbs being crap and quitting midseason; deja vu.
**like a lot of fans I stay in hogwash
***you took the time to highlight me, coulda mentioned it in a forum I frequent is all; I wouldve
****congrats on your first round clean sweep victory- all hail Darth!

DarthMonk wrote:Didn't Deadskins send you a PM, bro?

To be real honest I'm a little too busy to make sure all my opponents know when their deadline is. Hell, I had to verify it was Saturday before I went and made my picks being on vacation and all and losing track of what day it is. BTW, what made you visit this forum yesterday?

Are you really blaming me and/or CBS for your fail on this one? That's what I'm gathering from your posts.

If I understand you, you think I should have posted in one or more threads in Hogwash (or created a new one) sometime on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday addressing you in an attempt to make sure you were aware of your deadline or perhaps PMed you for the same reason or both. Needless to say, this strikes me as a pretty absurd expectation.

Meanwhile ...

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2015 - Wild Card Round
Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:04 pm

Does anyone know DavidLyne's THN username? I have sent a PM to every contestant but him.

I think a lot of other people blew this but you're the only one talking this way.

:middlefingerguy: ? Really ??

At this point I guess I'll ask you:

Do you get an email when someone here sends you a PM? If not, you may want to take steps to rectify that. You also might want to start checking other forums for unread posts.

While it's on my mind I'll mention that LPJ typically starts a FF thread in the GM forum in June and the draft is typically in late August. Also, unless someone else really wants to, I will run Hognostications next year and will use CBS unless I find a better client for regular season football pools. Also, the Deadman will likely run playoffs. Those are my alerts to anyone who happens to be reading this. I will not be posting a copy of this in Hogwash. Sorry I can't PM all of you.

#sheesh

# -drinking

Deadskins wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Ida picked NC Det... nm Game is already on. Thanks for the heads up guys

Uh, I sent you a PM. #-o

You did. Thanks for that.

I was more bitter about Darth highliting me in a post after going back and forth w me in hogwash- never mentioning anyrhing (what a loser way to win) good thing it NEVER gets off topic there huh?

This once fun hognostication is becoming trivial (cbs is worse then mailing in paper ballots!) so gl to yall with years to come, glad I experienced the old skewl post your picks days..

Anyhow.. f dullass and their bs refs

HTTR

DarthMonk wrote:This is honest and you can believe or not and remain bitter or not.

I did my highlighting about a day after your deadline. I did nothing to prevent you from knowing your deadline. I was informed you had been PMed 2 days before your deadline. I am at a loss as to why I should have mentioned anything to you in Hogwash or anywhere else. I had no reason to think you were clueless and had every reason to believe you were thinking about your picks ... while I was on vacation and thinking about stuff like "Should I have another beer?" or "Should I raise or fold?" as opposed to "I wonder if ckz checks his PMs? Maybe I should post some reminders in various threads in Hogwash and send him an extra PM myself."

I do not understand why going back and forth over some other issue in another forum has anything to do with this.

WHY I HIGHLIGHTED:

I did not just highlight you. I highlighted the deadline, me, etc. Over the years people have made mistakes with their deadlines, their picks, and the rules in general. I was simply being clear. I was actually a bit nervous and thought I might be missing something so I simply wanted to make sure the Deadman new what I was thinking. You can go back to last year and see MY screwups for yourself.

You are calling what I did a "loser way to win" and seem to be implying that I was somehow deceptive or underhanded or vindictive or something along those lines. I'll just tell you I would have rather beaten you with better picks but the fact that that didn't happen is just life - not some loser non-move on my part.

I too preferred the old way (posting picks in a thread) for the regular season. I think we all did. You can go check the threads and see. I volunteered to do this 2 years ago when Hognostications was in danger of not happening.

I'll say to you what I said to ACW - I'd be more than happy to turn the job over to someone else. I also spelled out the advantages of CBS for this purpose but will use any website any other commish wants to use if he takes over.

So yeah, I highlighted you and I'm sorry that ticked you off but it was nothing personal. I highlighted the relevant parts of the Deadman's OP to make it clear what I was doing.

I'd be bummed if you didn't participate next year. I have always enjoyed your posts and always go to you when I want to read a good defense of RGIII in the face of all that has happened. I do regret not complimenting you in a couple of those exchanges with oldschool and his cohorts.

#that'sallIgot

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:DM- in light of getting this thread back on track I wont quote ya and keep it short and sweet.
My bad. Basicaly I thought u had taken the time of putting me on blast so to speak instead of giving me a heads up- ultimately its my own fault for not checking my PMs.
Its been a crap year in football (I think we all can relate) I won a FFB reg season and scored the most points for just to drop an egg in the playoffs and finish fourth- cbs has given me issues from my phone, but I get it. U didnt make the platform and theres not a whole lot out there. Hopefully next year will have a better app (id be surprised if it didnt). I saw this playoff as another chance to enjoy the season a lil bit but came up short. Easier to point the finger then to own it- again my fault.
Thanks for commishing the hognos and gl here in the playoffs.

Hopefully next season has more cheers and highfives then the past two have sob

All's well that ends well.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:46 pm

:D - it's all good

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:03 am

SkinsJock wrote:as a matter of interest, I was going to take the Packers for the very strange reason that despite our horrible W/L record over recent years, we seem to find a way to beat the eventual SB winner during the season

Say, you're right. Let's see:
2014-2015: NE (well, we won in the preseason)
2012-2013: BAL (won in OT)
2011-2012: NYG (won both times)
2009-2010: GB (won in OT)
DarthMonk wrote:Of course I do.

You do realize why I did this, right?

8)

OTOH, I remember a game earlier this year between the Saints and the Giants. The under/over was 54 and everyone was screaming OVER!

Final score was 16-13. :shock:
Ah, makes sense. And wow, the Giants only put up 16 (the Saints only scoring 13 is kinda surprising, but NYG does have a D).
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Vegas has been around 110 since it opened ... but what the hell do they know, right?

75 total score is still pretty amazing when you look at these 4 offenses and the guys running them
even if they only score 21 each, it's still 84 ...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:46 pm

37-15 with a qtr to go - they still might get to 75

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:48 pm

SkinsJock wrote:37-15 with a qtr to go - they still might get to 75

Only 23 points behind that. The way both offenses are playing now. Might happen.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Congrats SJ :(
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:21 pm

ACW wrote:Congrats SJ :(

THANX mate - greatly appreciate that

65 points with 4 minutes to go - we can still make 75 :shock:

Return to Around the League