QB draft disasters from the past decade

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

QB draft disasters from the past decade

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:15 am

is anyone else surprised at the obvious omission here?

and

why the Browns are NOT taking a QB with the top pick in the draft

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/from- ... st-decade/
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog

Re: QB draft disasters from the past decade

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:21 am

If you're talking about RGIII, he made the playoffs his rookie year, which is more than anyone else on the losers list has done. If you're talking about Cousins, he hasn't made it out of the first round of the playoffs, which is less than anyone else on the winners list has done.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Taking RG3 was not the mistake or disaster some fans made it out to be - the kid was never treated right by the staff and Snyder compounded the problem by interfering and not putting him in his place or letting the coaches do it
no franchise can give up what this franchise gave up for RG3 and not have that work out - EPIC DISASTER

I'm not a huge Cousins fan but I think he's clearly proven to be a lot better than he's given credit for and it was a big mistake to not sign him to a LTD at a reasonable cost BUT having a good QB doesn't change the fact that with this owner making decisions about who coaches and plays here is a recipe for continued mediocrity - ESPECIALLY when you make trades for a QB that doesn't work out
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:33 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Taking RG3 was not the mistake or disaster some fans made it out to be - the kid was never treated right by the staff and Snyder compounded the problem by interfering and not putting him in his place or letting the coaches do it
no franchise can give up what this franchise gave up for RG3 and not have that work out - EPIC DISASTER

I'm not a huge Cousins fan but I think he's clearly proven to be a lot better than he's given credit for and it was a big mistake to not sign him to a LTD at a reasonable cost BUT having a good QB doesn't change the fact that with this owner making decisions about who coaches and plays here is a recipe for continued mediocrity - ESPECIALLY when you make trades for a QB that doesn't work out

This list is ludicrous without RGBust on it. The Skins wasted 3 firsts and 1 second pick and squandered a couple season tryings to turn that road apple into rose. It was ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous and one of the biggest busts in the history of the league. Wasting 1 high pick on a bust QB is disappointing but it is nothing compared to self immolation the Skins inflicted on themselves picking the RGBUST. The emergence of Cousins saved Jay Gruden's job and spared the franchise from wandering in the wilderness. Picking an Pro Bowl QB in the 4th round should have made the good list. The Skins should be on both lists for the their 2012 picks.

Return to Around the League