Johnny Manziel might play CFL in 2018

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Skins History Buff

Johnny Manziel might play CFL in 2018

Postby welch » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:35 pm

We haven’t heard a whole lot from Johnny Manziel lately. The 2012 Heisman Trophy winner and notorious NFL flame-out has kept a low profile, last putting anything on Instagram in May and last tweeting in July. In August, he worked out for the Canadian Football League’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats, who took a pass. But Manziel remains on the Ticats’ negotiation list, meaning Hamilton has exclusive CFL rights to negotiate a contract with him.

And if you listen to Ticats Coach June Jones, it sure sounds as if the team would like to do that.

“I think he’d be the best player to ever play up here,” Jones said, per CFL.ca. “He can throw it and he can run it like nobody ever has been able to do.”

Jones, who also has coached at the NCAA and NFL levels of American football, took over as Hamilton’s coach midway through the recently completed CFL season after starting the season as an assistant. He thinks Manziel has the tools for CFL success.

“I would say he was not quite at top shape but I was very, very impressed with his arm strength, his accuracy, and that’s what I was concerned about as far as passing,” Jones said of Manziel’s earlier workouts. “I saw it in college, I saw it on the film, I saw it against Alabama, I saw it against everybody.

Of course, this might merely be a hope floated south by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Who knows? Maybe Manziel will clean up his life, get into shape, and do well in Canadian football.

Full article at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... ae3bf46fa6

Hog

Re: Johnny Manziel might play CFL in 2018

Postby flamethrower » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:07 pm

June Jones knows about tough quarterbacks to work with. He dealt with Jeff George in Atlanta.
Do I feel that Manziel would be a good fit in the CFL? Not sure. But, if he checks his ego, and chooses to be a team player. He could turn in to something special. But, sorry June. I don't think he has the potential to surpass Doug Flutie, and Warren Moon.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:31 pm

Manziel clears CFL review. Does he want to play in Canada? If he has sense, yes, he does.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 39e54251a1

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:15 pm

All I can offer Manziel is this piece of advice, don't waste it, the opportunity is there many fail to get even this chance and even though the CFL isn't the greatest league on the entire planet just think about how many NFL drop out's, are currently working dead-end jobs somewhere?? wishing they could get 1 more crack at some league, where they can make a difference. Hamilton has a good team play your cards right, You could be out there competing for the 106th Gray cup with your team hoisting the title at the end

And who knows??? another crack at the NFL may be in the cards provided you do all that is right with the current situation at hand! work hard, have fun, be the best in 2018
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

Return to Around the League