NFL HOF players that didn't win Super Bowls

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

NFL HOF players that didn't win Super Bowls

Postby flamethrower » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:58 pm

I wonder if I can use the official NFL HOF, and find at least 3 players in every position that didn't play for a Super Bowl winner.
The catch is they must have played during the Super Bowl Era.
I can't list a punter. The only 1 in is Ray Guy. He was on the Raiders Super Bowl 11 squad.
Also I must list at least 3 players, and Head Coaches who didn't win a Super Bowl. But, happen to be in the Hall Of Fame.
Head Coaches
George Allen, Bud Grant, Marv Levy*
Quarterbacks
Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly*, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton
Running Backs
O.J.Simpson, Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, Thruman Thomas*, Curtis Martin, Earl Campbell
Wide Receivers
Tim Brown, Chris Carter, Charlie Joiner, Steve Largent, Andre Reed*, James Lofton*
Tight Ends
Ozzie Newsome, Kellen Winslow, Jackie Smith
O Linemen
Dan Dierdorf, John Hannah, Bruce Matthews, Anthony Munoz, Jackie Slater, Dwight Stephenson
D Linemen
Kevin Green, David (Deacon) Jones, Bruce Smith*, Merlin Olson, Lee Roy Selmon, Jack Youngblood
Linebackers
Dick Butkus, Andre Tippett, Junior Seau, Derrick Thomas, Chris Hanburger
Safety and DB
Paul Krause, Kenney Easley, Larry Wilson, Roger Wehrli, Jimmy Johnson He ain't the Gloryholer Head Coach from 89-93.
Kickers
Morton Anderson, George Blanda I know I only listed 2. But, the other 2 didn't play during the Super Bowl era. But, I put a cutoff of after 1970 season. The players I listed had to play at least the 1970 season.
Players with a * after their name played in 4 back to back to back to back Super Bowls and lost all 4. Which shows how meaningless that a Super Bowl title means to the Hall Of Fame.
Funny how Randal Cunningham, Boomer Esiason, and a few others that were mentioned as supposed Hall of Famers are not listed on the official NFL Hall Of Fame website. I wonder why?
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Hog

Re: NFL HOF players that didn't win Super Bowls

Postby TexasCowboy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:21 am

flamethrower wrote:Which shows how meaningless a Super Bowl title means to the Hall Of Fame.

Must seem pretty important, especially when you have more super bowl winning players and coaches currently in the Hall than you do actual NON-super bowl winning
coaches and players

and the NFL hasn't even gotten around to inducting Brady and the Manning brothers to that list
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Now had I listed everyone and I mean everyone that is in. But, ain't a Super Bowl winner. I would have included all of them that played from 1920-now. Oh wait the troll denies the NFL existed prior to 1970. But, it was founded in 1920. Not 1970. And, a Championship game is a Championship game no matter what *f$ck* name they give it.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Troll?? that violates the policy regarding trash talking outside the smack forum, so if you want to get into it using name-calling. By all means, take it up in the smack talk section in the meantime
all the diatribe about the ancient days of football, are irrelevant to the current way of things since the NFL is better off NOW, than it was 100 years ago

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Let's see for Coach. Never won a Super Bowl.
George Halas, Earl (Curly) Lambeau,
Quarterback Sammy Baugh, Y.A. Tittle, Earl Clark
Running backs Jim Brown, Harold (Red) Grange, Jim Thorpe
Wide Recievers George Halas, Don Hutson
Linemen Both Offensive, and Defensive Wilbur Pete Henry, George Musso, Steve Owen, Clyde Turner, Frank Kinard,
Kicker Lou Groza
Punter Sammy Baugh
Should we kick all of these people out of the Hall of Fame. They could not play in the Super Bowl. But, are in the Hall of Fame. Now why should they be allowed in? Seeing as how according to a poster. Only Super Bowl winners are worthy to be in the Hall of Fame. Yet, Norv Turner failed to win a Super Bowl as a Head Coach. Yet a poster thinks that Norv Turner is a Hall of Fame Head Coach.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:32 pm

The sad thing is? you are blinded by your own stupidity regarding the matter, the Hall and NFL are only connected once a player or coach has stepped down from their duties then it is up to the Hall
to decide who gets enshrined and who doesn't? As long as they are playing or coaching and this game moves forward. The NFL is committed to seeing the present day operations continue as they
have been doing so since the owners and commissioner decided expansion was and is the wave of the future

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:50 pm

Funny how last year's class had at least 3 members who failed to win a Super Bowl. That alone shows that Super Bowl winning ain't the top requirement for entry.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:22 pm

I really need to start asking myself 1) why do I even bother? 2) who ties his shoelaces for him? just because the Hall see's winners and non-winners in the same
light but slightly different, does not mean the current NFL recognizes NFL championships as a part of today's game Or even allows them as admission to the present
title count

That is not hard to understand nor is it hard to understand, that the only reason you bring them up? Is due to the fact that you got nothing presently worth comparing when it comes to Dallas, can't say more playoff wins, can't say more conference titles, can't even say a winning record vs Dallas lifetime. So, you need to dig out the ancient past in a weak a futile effort to try and act like you belong

Eagles fans act this very same way, first they try and claim they own the East, then they get reminded that they own a losing record vs the entire Eastern division,
they try to claim more division titles, then get reminded they are tied for last with Washington, (sorry) but true, then they try and claim they have been better in
the playoffs only to be reminded. They are 19-21 in the playoffs, 2-4 in the conference title game and 0-2 when it comes to the super bowl

and when all this fails to convince them, it is back to the denial recycle which includes the infamous (we beat Lombardi) and won NFL titles in 1 BC spew you
are pathetically attempting to pass off! yet, not 1 fan of today cares, the true fans are focused on the Lombardi title, the Pom Pom cheerleaders like you are
fumbling in the excuse book looking for ways to fit in where you clearly do not belong

Which would include I say it because the media told me so, so just stop already dude, I hear enough of this crap as is, You are no different than the other idiots who are equally as pathetic. get better material, learn this sport or start cheering for something you can understand

like typewriter maintenance at the Rocko Sluggo school of typewriter maintenance, either way, don't waste my time

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:33 pm

OK. Now in a few years we shall put this to the ultimate test. In about 4 more years. If winning a Super Bowl is required to be a Hall of Famer. Tony Romo ain't, and also neither will Jason Witton.
Now if the poster who derails all threads harps on Romo, and Witton as Hall of Famers. Guess what. It proves the total hypocrisy, and hubris that poster shows. You can't have it both ways.
Last edited by flamethrower on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Romo has 34 thousand passing yards and is a popular player, Witten before he leaves Dallas will go down as potentially better than "Novacheck" not true unless he wins a ring but let them believe it
both will get in. Witten, Not Witton (learn to spell) has plenty of stats to wow the committee, who gets there first? Irrelevant, both will be there regardless

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:05 pm

And, on cue to prove my point. The troll claims that Superbowl winners are the only worthy HOF members. Yet Romo, and Witton have never won one. Oh wait you have to actually play in one to win one.
OK Allow me to quote something really stupid.
Posted by TexasCowboy on Wed Nov 16 2016 8:54 pm
"Fact based on what? Jim Kelly, Marino, Levy, Sanders/others who have either coached or played
behind poor teams with 1 inevitable outcome? Never won a championship, Yet the hall of Fame
Still took em in just for having been part of the NFL.

so that debunks your theory aka opinion Monk so again I offer this
20 years, let time take it's due course.. then we will see who came
out right in all of this.
End of quote
Looks like someone called Levy a loser here. Looks like someone is saying here that Super Bowls ain't winners. Yet Romo who never ever played in a Conference Championship game. Much less won one. By his own statement. Romo ain't deserving of the Hall of Fame. Unless as a Gloryholer player, coach, etc you are waived in having to win a Super Bowl. Why don't someone sing the praises of Steve Pelleur. After all he was a gloryholer quarterback for a few years. And, actually won a world bowl playing in the NFL Europe.
Last edited by flamethrower on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:11 pm

I never said just super bowl winners get into the Hall of Fame, someone fails to read the comments and cherry picks the things he wants to argue and troll over cause he is losing that badly to of all people a "Cowboys fan"

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:33 pm

OK. Now in a few years we shall put this to the ultimate test. In about 4 more years. If winning a Super Bowl is required to be a Hall of Famer. Tony Romo ain't, and also neither will Jason Witton.
Now if the poster who derails all threads harps on Romo, and Witton as Hall of Famers. Guess what. It proves the total hypocrisy, and hubris that poster shows. You can't have it both ways. And, if Marv Levy ain't a winner. Romo, and Witten sure as hell ain't winners either. Levy took the Bills to 4 Super Bowls. Funny how Romo, and Witton failed to even get to a single solitary Conference Championship game.
Cowturd troll owner here

Return to Around the League