Crawling into the Endzone

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
DarthMonk
Posts: 6975
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Crawling into the Endzone

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:39 pm

First google hit on “Crawling into the endzone.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mr0j7i49Pw

Wonder why the announcers and refs cared about him being touched when he fell down.

Isn’t it a dead ball as soon as he falls down, regardless of him being touched, by rule 7a? :hmm:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017, 2018)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:53 am

It is a dead ball the second a body part other than his hand or foot strikes the turf! according to the rule, just shows how little they continue to know about this sport if they only boned up on the actual rules they would not have this problem hint, hint,
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

DarthMonk
Posts: 6975
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:51 pm

Wow - there isn’t ref in the league who understands rule 7a but you do. Wow.

And every week a runner in the NFL falls down and gets back up and keeps running and he’s allowed to because no one in the league understands rule 7a but you do.

And every week a college runner falls down and cannot get back up and run and everyone including the refs and the fans in the stands and the coaches on the sidelines and all the players think to themselves “gosh if he were a pro he could get back up and run” because no one understands rule 7A - no one else in the whole world understands rule 7a - which explicitly mandates contact by a defender - but you do.

Wow.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017, 2018)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1652
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 3:12 am
Location: Down the road on my Yamaha Majesty

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby flamethrower » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:42 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Wow - there isn’t ref in the league who understands rule 7a but you do. Wow.

And every week a runner in the NFL falls down and gets back up and keeps running and he’s allowed to because no one in the league understands rule 7a but you do.

And every week a college runner falls down and cannot get back up and run and everyone including the refs and the fans in the stands and the coaches on the sidelines and all the players think to themselves “gosh if he were a pro he could get back up and run” because no one understands rule 7A - no one else in the whole world understands rule 7a - which explicitly mandates contact by a defender - but you do.

Wow.

Now Monk you know that some folks are "Special", and live in a "Unique" world. After all According to that poster. Norv Turner is a great headcoach who is better than Vince Lombardi was.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

DarthMonk
Posts: 6975
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:06 pm

You can highlight the part of the rule 7a he keeps quoting but ignoring

You can show him the corresponding college rule which does not require contact

You can show him plays where NFL players are crawling on the ground legally with the ball while everyone in the stadium is aware of the rule and knows it’s OK

You can show him articles about the differences between the NFL and college rule regarding a dead ball

You could show him a play from every week of the current NFL season where an NFL player fell down by himself without being contacted got up and continued to run and was allowed to do so by the referees while no one in the stands or on the sidelines complained because they knew it was legal

And he would simply continue to spout the college version of the rule or the NFL version while omitting the line requiring contact.

You can even show him a high definition photograph of a player wearing a jersey number 30 and he’ll say MAYBE the 8 is a 3 when the whole point is the zero is a zero not an 8.

Meanwhile I can only assume the mods figure he’s worth keeping here because he drives “traffic” as he has violated their own rules repeatedly.

No thanks.

My first post in this thread was designed to show TC the NFL rule in action knowing it would probably only coax another idiotic post from TC. Sure enough.

Later fellas.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017, 2018)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKP4cfU28vM

^^ only appropriate we start off with the anthem of this board and it's "Members"

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/10_Rule7_BallInPlay_DeadBall_Scrimm.pdf

show me where that says anything regarding College?

If you actually had the ability to "read" and "comprehend" and weren't so "Blinded" by stupidity, denial and jealousy you may have had a point in all of this but
as long as you keep spewing your venom, Monk and his "Special" little friend. Then I am going to keep throwing this right back in your face, He is down via the
rule spin it all you want that is what the rule states without question

They got it wrong with Dez, they certainly got it wrong in the Pittsburgh game, not even your "Friends" in the media are claiming it wasn't a catch time to give it
up. You are owned by a Cowboys fan, On a Redskins message board who knows more than you

hang your heads in shame
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1652
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 3:12 am
Location: Down the road on my Yamaha Majesty

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby flamethrower » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:41 pm

DarthMonk wrote:You can highlight the part of the rule 7a he keeps quoting but ignoring

You can show him the corresponding college rule which does not require contact

You can show him plays where NFL players are crawling on the ground legally with the ball while everyone in the stadium is aware of the rule and knows it’s OK

You can show him articles about the differences between the NFL and college rule regarding a dead ball

You could show him a play from every week of the current NFL season where an NFL player fell down by himself without being contacted got up and continued to run and was allowed to do so by the referees while no one in the stands or on the sidelines complained because they knew it was legal

And he would simply continue to spout the college version of the rule or the NFL version while omitting the line requiring contact.

You can even show him a high definition photograph of a player wearing a jersey number 30 and he’ll say MAYBE the 8 is a 3 when the whole point is the zero is a zero not an 8.

Meanwhile I can only assume the mods figure he’s worth keeping here because he drives “traffic” as he has violated their own rules repeatedly.

No thanks.

My first post in this thread was designed to show TC the NFL rule in action knowing it would probably only coax another idiotic post from TC. Sure enough.

Later fellas.

I have actually said it myself. You ain't dumbed it down enough to make it understandable by "Special" people.
You need to make it simpler than Dr.Seuss level. That way the "Special" person might understand it.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:04 pm

I'll even get down on 1 knee an it will still be a catch
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

Diesel
Posts: 7261
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:54 am

TexasCowboy wrote:I'll even get down on 1 knee an it will still be a catch

Well now ...it depends on what you'e doing on your knees :shock:
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby TexasCowboy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:49 am

Since there is no sense in entertaining his BS which is what it is let's get back to the topic at hand

* it was a catch - The End
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

Diesel
Posts: 7261
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:04 am

TexasCowboy wrote:Since there is no sense in entertaining his BS which is what it is let's get back to the topic at hand

* it was a catch - The End

not even your "Friends" in the media are claiming it wasn't a catch


Show me one media person who said it was a catch as the rules stand and he was down at the one and you claim!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby TexasCowboy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:07 am

Stephen A Smith, Kellerman, are 2 who have since changed their tune on the whole issue of catch vs non-catch
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby TexasCowboy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:09 am

Unfortunately, that is what happens when you tune into an idiotic show like First Take just to see what Molly is wearing that day? you might have to actually listen to their mindless waffling on topics
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

Diesel
Posts: 7261
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:16 am

So that would be no one....
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Crawling into the Endzone

Postby TexasCowboy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:18 am

No one?? so because now they disagree with your assessment that it was not a catch now they fail to matter? go away
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

Return to Around the League