Super Bowl in Minneapolis. Who you got??

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Super Bowl in Minneapolis. Who you got??

Postby flamethrower » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:29 am

Patriots vs Eagles. Didn't we see that about Super Bowl 39ish?
Brady either get's his 6th title which then does make him supposedly the best. But, I hope that don't happen.
Also if you go back. Normally the team that has a close Conference Championship game. Wins the Super Bowl. But, not always.
Even thou I don't want the Patriots to win. They already beat 1 "Cinderella" story Quarterback in Bortles. Now they got another one in Foles. But, knowing that the Patriots cheat, and get away with it. I expect the Patriots to make like Jerrah, and provide the refs with all kinds of "Party Favors" during the week to get at least 1 key call in the game if it is close. They used a video camera to tape the Rams practices. They got away with underinflating the football. Cause Brady don't like one that is aired up properly.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Diesel

Re: Super Bowl in Minneapolis. Who you got??

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:20 am

Living here in Philly country and seeing how their fans acted yesterday....GO PATS!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:08 am

I guess I'll post my pick in the Hognostications Finals thread.

:mrgreen:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017, 2018)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:15 am

Eags were pretty impressive.

I kinda wanted Minnesota but I'm glad neither finalist will be playing in its own stadium.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ
Location: New England - Red Sox & Patriots - how great is that

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:17 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Eags were pretty impressive. I kinda wanted Minnesota but I'm glad neither finalist will be playing in its own stadium.

the Vikings should have won but they did not show up offensively and their defense had their worst day of the season - spit happens

kudos to the Eagles, they played very well - Jim Schwarz has that defense playing very well

IMO ... the Saints vrs Patriots would have been a better game
Hoping that Dan Snyder will make sweeping changes is probably not realistic - shame that ...
we're looking at a couple of years to get better here - time to rebuild ... big time

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:00 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Eags were pretty impressive. I kinda wanted Minnesota but I'm glad neither finalist will be playing in its own stadium.

the Vikings should have won but they did not show up offensively and their defense had their worst day of the season - spit happens

kudos to the Eagles, they played very well - Jim Schwarz has that defense playing very well

Now that would have been the quarterback matchup of the Century. Last time we had a game with 2 qb's that were equal to a Potential Saints vs Patriots. Was Broncos vs Packers. Still one of the best games in Super Bowl History. But, I feel that the Eagles vs Patriots matchup won't be nearly as good as last years game was. Last years was a descent game.
Cowturd troll owner here

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:44 am

SkinsJock wrote:

I'd say the Viking DEFENSE didn't show up and the offense pretty much never had a chance against pressure from 4 men.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:08 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

I'd say the Viking DEFENSE didn't show up and the offense pretty much never had a chance against pressure from 4 men.

agreed, as I also posted - then again the whole team seemed to not play even close to their capabilities

the eagles defense and the vikings defense are both very good but playing against the GOAT (coach and QB) is a very different deal
Hoping that Dan Snyder will make sweeping changes is probably not realistic - shame that ...
we're looking at a couple of years to get better here - time to rebuild ... big time

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:57 am

I disagree on that "GOAT" comment. But, if they win the next Super Bowl. I'll concede that both are. However if they fail. They will be the team that lost a Super Bowl to the Eagles.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:54 pm

Well the official Madden prediction is the Eagles won by a score of 24-20. Brady throws 3 td passes and 1 pick.
Cowturd troll owner here

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:26 pm

Patriots win 28-20 with the best QB to play the game and the best coach ever

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:00 am

SkinsJock wrote:Patriots win 28-20 with the best QB to play the game and the best coach ever

You mean the most questionable. Videogate, and Inflategate anyone besides me remember?
I don't feel his is all that. And, my reason is simple. If a Defender even breathes on him. They get a penalty. Someone should just put a dress on him, and call it a day.
But, if I am wrong about what I have said about the way I expect the refs to call the game on the Eagles pass rush. I then have no problem calling Brady G.O.A.T. .
Cowturd troll owner here

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:47 pm

most everyone considers both Tom Brady and Bill Belichick the best ever at what they do

there have been some great coaches and players but rarely have they both played together over such a long period of time ... if ever

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:00 pm

SkinsJock wrote:most everyone considers both Tom Brady and Bill Belichick the best ever at what they do

there have been some great coaches and players but rarely have they both played together over such a long period of time ... if ever

At Cheating. SJ they are the best. And Lombardi won the 61, 62, 65, 66, and 67 NFL championships along with Super Bowl 1 and 2.
I know that some idiot refuses to accept the NFL has had a championship game since 1933. But, it has.
But, Lombardi is still the standard. Until someone wins 4 in a row. Lombardi, and Starr are still the standard at 3 championships in a row and 5 championships in 9 years.
Before anyone argues. The NFL has had a championship game every season since 1933. The Super Bowl since 1970 season is the NFL Championship game.
I agree Super Bowls 1-4 are above the NFL Championship game. But starting with Super Bowl 5. The Super Bowl is the NFL Championship Game.
New England has won 2 in a row. 1 time.
Pittsburgh did that twice in the 70's. 74,75,78,79 Which smokes the Gloryholer 90's dynasy in every way. In fact the Steelers have won 2 more in 05, and 08.
Miami also did that 1 time in the 70's. Including a season that they went 17 wins and 0 losses.
Miami's championship seasons were 72, and 73 season.
Arlington did also win 2 in a row in the 90's . Part of that 3 in 4 seasons. But they ain't a real dynasty. Because with in 3 years another team would win multiple ones. They are the team of the 90's only cause Elway retired after winning the 2nd one for the Broncos.
Denver then won 2 in a row also in the 90's.
49ers also won 2 in a row. 89, and 90 season. 49ers won 4 championships in the 80's 81,84,88, and 89. Which is better than the Gloryholer 3 in 4 seasons.
I am not downplaying any teams championships. Just showing where the "Gold Standard" still lies.
The only team that could arguably be better would be the 1946-1950 Cleveland Browns. But, only the 50 championship was played against NFL teams. But, I would still put that Browns dynasty over the Patriots. In fact I would put the Lombardi Packers at the top. Then the 70's Steelers. Then the Browns from 46-55. Next I would put the Patriots current Dynasty.
I know you are wondering where I put Jerrah's Gloryholers dynasty from the 90's. After the Patriots. Cause they didn't dominate an entire decade. They declined, and the Broncos still won 2 before the 90's were done.
Last edited by flamethrower on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Let's clear up the confusion

Just look at the title counts of each era

GB won it back to back 67-68

Pittsburgh won it 74,75, 78, 79,

Niners won it 81, 84, 88,89

Dallas 92,93, 95

N.E. 01, 03, 04, 2014, 2016

pretty clear picture who gets to claim certain era's with often little to NO sprinkling from other teams during those time frames

the end
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

Return to Around the League