So far So good

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:54 am

then there is another target for a three step drop... it would almost force a nickle package...
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:26 am

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:Russell was showing his problems with catching and route running early which Jacobs wasn't in preseason, remember?

Nope, I never witnessed that. I heard later into camp as he lost some confidence that might have happened... but for the first week, he was the most noticeable receiver on the field... BAR NONE. Cliff didn't drop anything... he just blew by everyone like they were standing still.

Spurrier also likes speed

Jacobs is fast, but Russell is all-world speed... it ain't helping him any.

Think it might be Coles, Jacobs, McCants as the starting three if Rod keeps dropping 'em?

I don't think so myself. Let's not forget that while Gardner had a bad game Sunday, he caught 9 balls for 118 yards the week before. I think Coles, Gardner and McCants is our best bet.

Jacobs is gonna need a few good games under his belt to crack the top 3, and I think it's McCants job to lose until someone really shows themself to be MORE worthy of the touches. What's not to love about a #3 guy who doesn't do anything but make tough catches in traffic. Jacobs may be able to spread the field a little more, but Ramsey's starting to realize that Darnerian will go up and grab just about anything near him... QB's kind of like that, and tend to remember that when they're looking for an outlet.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Around the League