NFL Rumors - September 23rd

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
piglet

NFL Rumors - September 23rd

Postby PSD » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:52 pm

Eagles may not bring back Taylor
Bobby Taylor doesn't think that he will be with the Eagles for much longer. Taylor told the Philadelphia Inquirer's Bob Brookover that "I was specifically told that I wouldn't be signed to a contract in the future".

McAlister playing with fire
Will Chris McAlister's recent bad behavior hurt his chances of re-signing with the Ravens? The Baltimore Sun's Jamison Hensley reports that McAlister signed a one-year, $5.9 million contract with the Ravens on July 28, but could become an unrestricted free agent in the offseason.

Browns looking for third QB
The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reports that the Browns are expected to sign a third quarterback after Kelly Holcomb suffered a hairline fracture of his right fibula. The Browns are could call either Josh Booty or Nate Hybl.

Dolphins may replace Royals
Dolphins punter Mark Royals is on the hot seat. After seeing Royals struggle for the last three games, the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel's Michael Cunningham reports that the Dolphins have decided to audition some potential replacements.

For more of today's rumors, go to ProSportsDaily.com.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:13 pm

eagles have no respect. first hugh, now taylor....classless, how many guys over the age of 30 are productive starters right now??? fine with me, let the eagles play hardball and end up like arz.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:27 pm

yeah, I think Taylor'd look great in a redskin uni if Champ negotiations continue to go downhill.

There's a ton of FA talent available at CB this offseason... I think that's a big part of Champ whining so much a year before his contract is up. i think both CB from PHI are avaiable (Troy Vincent the other, but he's a bit old) and both Wills from NYG. Taylor would definitely top my list though.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:27 pm

great to hear from a bargaining standpoint

Champ needs to be realistic and learn from the Davis' fiasco
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Around the League