NFL Rumors - October 29th

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
piglet

NFL Rumors - October 29th

Postby PSD » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:35 pm

Russell meets with Redskins owner
The Washington Times' Jody Foldesy reports that the Redskins flew Darrell Russell to Chicago yesterday to meet with owner Dan Snyder. Although the Redskins appear to be ready to get a deal done, Russell may wait to see if the Buccaneers or Dolphins make him an offer.

Cap could cost Jets five starters
The Jets may have to gut their roster in the offseason. Newsday's Ken Berger reports that salary cap troubles could force the Jets to say goodbye to as many as five starters.

Vikings owner still has doubts about Tice
The Vikings' 6-1 start doesn't appear to have bolstered Mike Tice's job security. St. Paul Pioneer Press columnist Tom Powers writes that Vikings owner Red McCombs still "isn't sold" on Tice.

Dolphins aren't ready to name starting QB
The Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel's Craig Barnes reports that Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt will wait until he has more medical information on Brian Griese and Jay Fiedler before he names his starting QB for Sunday's game against the Colts. Although Griese appears to have won the job, a thumb injury could keep him on the bench.

Will Chargers give Brees the hook?
Drew Brees may have to start watching his back. While Marty Schottenheimer isn't ready to send the struggling QB to the bench, the San Diego Union-Tribune's Jerry Magee reports that Schottenheimer was reluctant to commit to Brees long term.

swine

Postby skinsNut » Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:17 pm

Hey before I forget... thanks for posting these every day PSD, they're great!

I can't believe that Tice story.

See... compared to mcCombs, DannyBoy is a saint of an owner.
Hail to the Redskins

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:33 pm

Thanks, PSD, for the posts!

Hey...does this mean the Skins are gonna get more Jets on the team next year?
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:12 pm

Agreed...Thanks PSD...these are great!

It does sound like the jets are primed for more cherry pickin next season

I'm with McCombs, in that I don't see where Tice has proven anything yet. We'll see how the Vikes finish the season.

Isn't it funny how the Vike's division is so bad? They say the East is bad...what's with that? Any team in the East would dominate in that sh*tty division.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

piglet

Postby PSD » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:44 pm

Thanks guys!

At first I was having trouble finding any rumors, but lately there's been some pretty good stuff written. Things should really heat up when teams start getting eliminated and think about dumping their coaches.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:46 pm

Let's hope we're not one of them.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Around the League