Skins Fans in Massachusetts

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Hog
Location: Canton, MA where you can drive your 'cah' to the 'bah' for a 'Budweisah'

Skins Fans in Massachusetts

Postby ChrisHanburger » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:20 pm

Anybody else up here in Massachusetts a Skins fan? Any Skins-Friendly bars that show the games?

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:18 pm

Welcome to the site CH we have fans from all over, good to have another one on the site!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

###

Postby redskindave » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:44 pm

Welcome to the site Chris Hanburger, Cool user nane man, Chris is my all time favorite Redskin HTTR
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:45 pm

Welcome to the site CH
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:38 pm

I know their are other members from Mass.. One of them is a season ticket holder that goes to all home games :shock:
don't even

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:37 pm

Welcome to the board, ChrisHanburger. Love the username. :lol:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog
Location: Canton, MA where you can drive your 'cah' to the 'bah' for a 'Budweisah'

Postby ChrisHanburger » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:54 am

Thanks for the replies folks. Chris Hanburger was my idol when I was a kid. I'm looking forward to keeping up "locally" with my beloved Skins. Its hard keeping in touch from so far away. Its also tough up here surrounded by the Pats hoopla (I live about 5 miles from the stadium). There are a TON of bandwagoners up here that couldn't have cared less about the Pats 5 years ago. At least Bellicheck graduated from my high school. I love telling locals that. He's "Gibbs-like" in local reverence. They're probably gonna build a statue of him in the Commons....

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:45 am

ChrisHanburger wrote:Thanks for the replies folks. Chris Hanburger was my idol when I was a kid. I'm looking forward to keeping up "locally" with my beloved Skins. Its hard keeping in touch from so far away. Its also tough up here surrounded by the Pats hoopla (I live about 5 miles from the stadium). There are a TON of bandwagoners up here that couldn't have cared less about the Pats 5 years ago. At least Bellicheck graduated from my high school. I love telling locals that. He's "Gibbs-like" in local reverence. They're probably gonna build a statue of him in the Commons....

CH, Belichick graduated from Annapolis High School. Are you originally from this area?

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:01 am

Welcome,

Don't forget DirectTV Sunday ticket.

Chris H. - gotta love that guy, grew up watching him as well. Wonder who my favorite is????

<---------
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Hog

Postby ChrisHanburger » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:25 am

Larry Brown and Hanburger were my 2 favorites way back then when I played Linebacker and Fullback for my youth football team.

And, yeah Jake, I'm a graduate of Annapolis High who relocated up here many moons ago. My buddies always give me a hard time about the Skins. I'll never forget them all coming to my superbowl party against Denver all wearing Orange. By the end, as you know, they were all waving Sklins pennants and congratulating me.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:29 am

That's a great story. I was only 4 months old but I remember that game very clearly. :wink:

I'm a graduate of South River so here's my real welcome... Panthers suck! :lol:

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

Hog

Postby ChrisHanburger » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:45 pm

Ha, ha. South River wasn't even a school when I was at AHS so I don't even know who your mascot is and can't even retort.

My favorite Skins story, though, is a buddy and I taking the Metro to the old stadium and scalping tickets for the Vikings playoff game. The one where Riggo ran for all those yards and the first "We Want Dallas" chant was heard. To top it all off, we got out of the stadium real late(we hung out in the stadium until they kicked us out, We were finding beer vendors to sell us beer 20 minutes after game time and were just sitting in our seats taking it all in. Times were different back then ;-). They finally kicked us out and as we were leaving we ran across Riggins getting into an older Audi parked curbside to go home. We didn't ask for autographs, we just yelled " Hey Diesel, great game". It was just us and a Dad and his son standing there. Riggins waved back and said "Well, thanks, fellas", got in and drove off. We all walked off in a daze (only partly attributable to the beer). [/quote]

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:39 pm

ChrisHanburger wrote:Ha, ha. South River wasn't even a school when I was at AHS so I don't even know who your mascot is and can't even retort.

My favorite Skins story, though, is a buddy and I taking the Metro to the old stadium and scalping tickets for the Vikings playoff game. The one where Riggo ran for all those yards and the first "We Want Dallas" chant was heard. To top it all off, we got out of the stadium real late(we hung out in the stadium until they kicked us out, We were finding beer vendors to sell us beer 20 minutes after game time and were just sitting in our seats taking it all in. Times were different back then ;-). They finally kicked us out and as we were leaving we ran across Riggins getting into an older Audi parked curbside to go home. We didn't ask for autographs, we just yelled " Hey Diesel, great game". It was just us and a Dad and his son standing there. Riggins waved back and said "Well, thanks, fellas", got in and drove off. We all walked off in a daze (only partly attributable to the beer).

:lol: Awesome story. I miss RFK. A lot better access to players in the parking lot.

By the way, our mascot is the Seahawks. (Didn't affect me at all... I put Redskins on my class ring. :lol: )

Man, you must have been away from Anne Arundel County for a long time. South River was built around 1978. :shock:

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

Hog

Postby ChrisHanburger » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:23 am

I graduated 1978. So I guess I missed it. So I guess I have to say "South River sucks!!" "Panthers Rule!!"

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:19 am

1978 - Go Stonewall Jackson Raiders!!!
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon