Skins Fans in Massachusetts

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:35 am

welcome to the board. i used to be a skins fan in massachusetts, but i've since relocated to the edge of the earth (maine).

when i was living down there i had no directv (sad, sad days-i don't like to talk about it), and i would head down to atlas bar & grill (it's jillian's upstairs) to watch the game. everyone in boston is still hungover and in bed at that time, so there's no traffic and you can park practically in front of the bar. it's not a redskins bar, per se, but they do have about a billion tvs, and show all the games. they even have those booths with a tiny tv at the end, and you can switch it to whichever game you like. if you get there early, it's rather deserted,and the bartenders will put the skins on a particular tv if you ask nicely. the food isn't bad either.

this was a few years ago, so you might want to call and see if they're still showing all the games. if not, i'll give you my buddy's address in needham, and you can just pop by his place (he has sunday ticket). i'm sure he won't mind.

good luck!
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Hog
Location: Canton, MA where you can drive your 'cah' to the 'bah' for a 'Budweisah'

Postby ChrisHanburger » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:57 am

That sounds like a plan. I have a buddy who's a Gints fan and we always watch the 2 play each other either at our houses or try to find a sports bar if it isn't showing. (There was a hilarious day once where the paper said the game was on TV, but at game time it switched to a stupid movie and we ran out to the car and screamed around Canton running into bars yelling "DO YOU HAVE THE SKINS?GIANTS GAME ON!!??" and when they said "NO", just running out to the next place 'til we found a bar with all the games). Maybe we'll try Atlas next time.

By the way, we've started a tradition of going to the game when the skins are in Giants stadium. Its a long, but very fun day...even if they blow a lead ,,, and even if its in enemy territory so you can't root too vigorously. There's a bunch of Skins fans there. I highly recommend it. Last year I went incognito, but this year I'm going with blazing Burgundy and Gold....

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:58 am

ChrisHanburger wrote:I graduated 1978. So I guess I missed it. So I guess I have to say "South River sucks!!" "Panthers Rule!!"

I'm not gonna argue. Our team does suck. :lol: It has for almost as long as I can remember.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:59 am

Go Calvert. WOOHOO.

Weird, there are more letters in 'Go Calvert' than wins during my 4 years of high school.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:55 pm

Welcome ChrisHanburger! Nice name choice! I live nearby in Nova Scotia, Does that help? :lol:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog
Location: Canton, MA where you can drive your 'cah' to the 'bah' for a 'Budweisah'

Postby ChrisHanburger » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:24 pm

Nearby?!! I though I was far away. :?

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon