Redskins radio over the web

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
piggie

Redskins radio over the web

Postby psummersjr » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:14 am

For those of you that weren't already aware, you can get Washington area sports radio over the web. Although I think it's run by espn, it's a DC area station and they have a lot of Redskins coverage (including the John Thompson show from 3-5). The site is...

http://www.sportsradio980.com ... and click the "Listen" link in the top left... it's streaming so your network admin may not like you for using it but I listened to it quite a bit as the Gibbs news was first surfacing!

(Note to moderators... I'm not attempting to promote this site, just thought readers who aren't in the DC area might appreciate the it)
I saw Art Monk in the Safeway parking lot in Great Falls, VA on 3/26/2005. It was AWESOME!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:20 am

(Note to moderators... I'm not attempting to promote this site, just thought readers who aren't in the DC area might appreciate the it)
it's cool. you didn't sign up, make one link to another site and dissappear. you're part of our "family" and your just tryin to help your fellow hogs brethren out :wink:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby Kentucky Fried Hog » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:23 pm

Thanks psummersjr, that's awesome! Being in KY, I don't hear much, if anything, about the skins on the radio. Around here, it's all about the Titans.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:35 am

Ah, but gameday.

I've never found Sonny, Sam, and [**Frank forever**] on the web. I heard that the station, or the team, refused to let them be web-cast.

Will that change?

Games on the Web

Postby crazycuz » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:12 pm

I live in the UK and i was wondering if you know of any websites that cover the games live as NFL.com has stopped doing that
Hail to the redskins and hail Joe Gibbs

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:48 pm

Yeah, i had the nfl field pass last year and listened to games that way.

Thanks for the link for the web.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:55 am

thanks PSum!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

piggie

Postby TopHawg » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:00 pm

Does anyone know if you can listen to the game live on here. I'm gonna be stationed in Germany in the fall and desperately need a way to listen or watch the games and it would be great if i could.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "

- General George Patton

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:35 pm

Thanks for the link

The more Redskin News the better

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Mon May 03, 2004 12:01 pm

As far as I know, Infinity (the conglomerate that owns WJFK) continues to prohibit any live audio streaming its stations -- not just games, but everything.

However, I find this interesting. Apparently, Sirius satellite radio is coming out with the radio equivalent of DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket -- with ALL game broadcasts available.

That strikes me as a significant reversal of policy on Infinity's part.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon May 03, 2004 12:07 pm

They are being well paid by Sirius I am sure :)
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon May 03, 2004 5:23 pm

Actually the contract wasn't even in the same stratosphere as the TV contracts are.

I believe it was a 7-year $220 M deal if I remember correctly... but it was also quite heavily 'backloaded' like any modern NFL contract :-)

Right now, Sirius doesn't have that many subscribers but they estimate that they could have as many as 20 million by 2010... a lot of new cars get the hardware installed right now too which will help guarantee the medium's success.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

I have sirius and its also webcast.

Postby bags » Mon May 17, 2004 6:25 pm

I have sirius and its also webcast. If you have the paid service you get a username and password so that you can listen to it online. They currently have a free three day trial also, and I have used that multiple times just by supplying a different email. I have a static IP at home so they don't seem to monitor that. So anyone that will be near a computer should be able to get free webcasts of the game just by signing up for lots of hotmail or yahoo email accounts, or just get the service its really worth it imho
bags

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon