Missing avatars?

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri May 12, 2006 9:01 pm

JSPB22 wrote: Can we petition individual staff members to restore our personal avatars? I'm talking about on an individual basis, not en masse.

You don't need to ask anyone... I'm the only one that can do them... and they aren't getting done right now. Well you CAN keep asking but it'll likely just ensure that you're the last one I do. :up:

I'm trying to re-design the whole site and whether or not you get the picture back under your name on the message board is really not high on my list of priorities at this very moment, sorry.

They'll all get put back when all of the important things have been done... site re-designed, board upgraded etc etc... and not until. Sorry. Thank the guy who hacked the board. There's a lengthy explanation... one that I don't feel neccessary to give you.

The staff's were added back so that the board members knew who staff were in case they were being moderated for something.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 12, 2006 10:00 pm

admin wrote:
JSPB22 wrote: Can we petition individual staff members to restore our personal avatars? I'm talking about on an individual basis, not en masse.

You don't need to ask anyone... I'm the only one that can do them... and they aren't getting done right now. Well you CAN keep asking but it'll likely just ensure that you're the last one I do. :up:

I'm trying to re-design the whole site and whether or not you get the picture back under your name on the message board is really not high on my list of priorities at this very moment, sorry.

They'll all get put back when all of the important things have been done... site re-designed, board upgraded etc etc... and not until. Sorry. Thank the guy who hacked the board. There's a lengthy explanation... one that I don't feel neccessary to give you.

The staff's were added back so that the board members knew who staff were in case they were being moderated for something.

Please don't take it so personally. I know that you are hard at work re-designing the site. And I'm grateful for your dedication to THN and the Redskins.

I did not know that you were the only one who could add an avatar. I though that any staff member could do it. I thought that while you were doing your work, staff members might, if asked nicely, add avatars back on a request-only basis.

I love this site, with or without the avatars, but they do make a good thing even better; like the Skins winning the SB AND Portis getting the league MVP!

As I stated in my previous message, I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just asking a question. 8)
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SkinsFanInHawai'i » Sat May 13, 2006 3:57 am

I don't have an avatar. But I am really looking forward to the new THN.

It took me about 30mins to post this on a PSP, but I have to use it for something right?
:lol:

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat May 13, 2006 7:55 am

I didn't take it personally, you just obviously felt you required further explanation and got it.

It will likely take AN ENTIRE DAY or more to restore all of the so-called avatars... because they're not avatars, they're custom ranks.... and as such... they needed to be added on a one-to-one basis. So not only do I have to figure out what rank names went with what board member, then I have to manually add them to EACH MEMBER'S PROFILE INDIVIDUALLY... and there are hundreds and hundreds of them.

And the board needs upgrading as soon as possible or it's going to get hacked hard again... and if I upgrade the board... I'd have to re-install the avatars AGAIN.

So until the site makeover's done... I won't even look at the board, and then the board will be upgraded or changed BEFORE I even THINK about the rest of the avatars. Otherwise, I might just end up having to do it all again.

And jsp, you've now shown that until I'm able to do ALL of them, it's not worth trying to do any individually... it'll just make the rest of you whine... er sorry, 'just ask questions' about it.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Sat May 13, 2006 8:05 am

So, if I understand correctly, I should begin flooding your PM box with messages like this:
Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now?
RIP Sean Taylor

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat May 13, 2006 8:23 am

Fios wrote:So, if I understand correctly, I should begin flooding your PM box with messages like this:
Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now? Can I have my avatar now?

What makes you think I'd be able to discern your 'Can I have my avatar now' message fromh all of the other ones?

You don't honestly think that my mailbox doesn't ALREADY look like that do you? :roll:

I appreciate that people love their avatars, and I assure you, they will all return... more because of the hard work NC puts into making them than anything else... but it's my responsibility to prioritize things into 'need to be done' and 'want to be done' categories... and the avatars will always be the latter.

I'm trying to re-build the site so that it can sustain itself for years to come... that's much, much, much more important to both me and the future of the website... then the board will be either upgraded or completely re-done... once that's done, we'll look at the avatars. So when you see the new site, and the new board... you'll know that soon after, you might see your avatar.

My 2 cents

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Sat May 13, 2006 8:26 am

BossHog wrote:
Fios wrote:So, if I understand correctly, I should begin flooding your PM box with messages like this:

What makes you think I'd be able to discern your 'Can I have my avatar now' message fromh all of the other ones?

You don't honestly think that my mailbox doesn't ALREADY look like that do you? :roll:

I appreciate that people love their avatars, and I assure you, they will all return... more because of the hard work NC puts into making them than anything else... but it's my responsibility to prioritize things into 'need to be done' and 'want to be done' categories... and the avatars will always be the latter.

I'm trying to re-build the site so that it can sustain itself for years to come... that's much, much, much more important to both me and the future of the website... then the board will be either upgraded or completely re-done... once that's done, we'll look at the avatars. So when you see the new site, and the new board... you'll know that soon after, you might see your avatar.

My 2 cents

I'm really not trying to ruffle your feathers amigo, the site is top notch, the avatars are just a fun bonus.
RIP Sean Taylor

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat May 13, 2006 8:57 am

No feathers are ruffled bro... I'm just TRYING to explain the situation for everyone's benefit... I assure you... very little that anyone says here could ever truly bother me.

... especially you. :nana:

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Sat May 13, 2006 8:03 pm

I take pride in my ineffectual whining
RIP Sean Taylor

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon May 15, 2006 1:11 pm

Fios wrote:I take pride in my ineffectual whining

...and your well-documented love for pizza. :up:

Keep up the good work, BH. :D
Back and better than ever!

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon