need help

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
^^^^^^^

need help

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:02 pm

How do you guys post Quotes in the colored boxes. Everytime I try to do it there are just letters that say (qt) or something like that.

Brown in the Hall

Re: need help

Postby NC43Hog » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:44 pm

frankcal20 wrote:How do you guys post Quotes in the colored boxes. Everytime I try to do it there are just letters that say (qt) or something like that.

click on the quote button and it will give you the html text of (quote) (/quote) - just type your quote inbetween and you are good to go. Also - use the preview button to see what it will look like before submitting. Techie huh!

You can always click the "quote" button when responding to a post and see the html code as well. Just delete most of the stuff that doesn't pertain to your response.

Hope this answers your question - remember, I am a graphics guy. :wink:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:41 am

frankcal20 wrote:How do you guys post Quotes in the colored boxes. Everytime I try to do it there are just letters that say (qt) or something like that.

[ quote] text [/quote]

Take away the space in the first box and you get:

text
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:51 am

[quote="FanfromAnnapolis"][quote="frankcal20"]How do you guys post Quotes in the colored boxes. Everytime I try to do it there are just letters that say (qt) or something like that.[/quote]

[ quote] text [/quote]

Take away the space in the first box and you get:

[quote] text [/quote][/quote]

Its not working. I really am not this stupid. I hit the quote button in your response. WTF.

Hog

Postby SkinsFanInHawai'i » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:31 pm

Check your profile and see if you have "Always allow BBCode" checked yes.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:50 pm

SkinsFanInHawai'i wrote: Check your profile and see if you have "Always allow BBCode" checked yes.

This will undoubtedly be the case.

Also, at the bottom of the 'posting window' is a tick box option beside 'Disable BBcode in the post'... if this option is ticked, click it so that it is not ticked.

Once you have made sure that BBcode is 'enabled' (and check your profile as skinsfaninhawaii suggested)... then to quote a post should be very easy... there are a couple of methods...

1) If you're quoting a whole post, you just have to hit the quote button in the top right corner of the post you're trying to quote.

2) If you just want to quote part of a person's post, then you just have to drag select the text that you want to quote... hit 'post reply'... to open your message window... paste the text... and then you can do either one of two things:
a) drag select the text in the message window and once you have selected the text, hit the 'quote' button above the window

OR...

b) you can just type the code for the quote in front of and t the end of the text... the beginning should look like this:
[quote], and the end will look like this: [/quote]
3) once you have the quote tag wrapped around the text... you can enter the person's username that you are quoting in the tag to denote that it was them... that ends up looking like this:
[quote="BossHog"]

So if you wanted to quote me saying THN rocks!... you'd end up with something that looked like this in your message window:

[quote="BossHog"]THN rocks![/quote]

You can also always just quote a WHOLE post and then just remove the text from the quote that you think is superfluous and accomplish it that way as well.

Hope that helps... i'm syure theissue IS just that in your profile you have BBcode defaulted to off, and you're trying to use bbCode. :-) I 'disabled' the bbcode in THIS post so that you could see the quote tags instead of it actually quoting what was between them.

Hope that gets you going...

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:00 pm

admin wrote:SkinsFanInHawai'i wrote: Check your profile and see if you have "Always allow BBCode" checked yes.

This will undoubtedly be the case.

Also, at the bottom of the 'posting window' is a tick box option beside 'Disable BBcode in the post'... if this option is ticked, click it so that it is not ticked.

Once you have made sure that BBcode is 'enabled' (and check your profile as skinsfaninhawaii suggested)... then to quote a post should be very easy... there are a couple of methods...

1) If you're quoting a whole post, you just have to hit the quote button in the top right corner of the post you're trying to quote.

2) If you just want to quote part of a person's post, then you just have to drag select the text that you want to quote... hit 'post reply'... to open your message window... paste the text... and then you can do either one of two things:
a) drag select the text in the message window and once you have selected the text, hit the 'quote' button above the window

OR...

b) you can just type the code for the quote in front of and t the end of the text... the beginning should look like this:
, and the end will look like this:

3) once you have the quote tag wrapped around the text... you can enter the person's username that you are quoting in the tag to denote that it was them... that ends up looking like this:
BossHog wrote:
So if you wanted to quote me saying THN rocks!... you'd end up with something that looked like this in your message window:

BossHog wrote:THN rocks!

You can also always just quote a WHOLE post and then just remove the text from the quote that you think is superfluous and accomplish it that way as well.

Hope that helps... i'm syure theissue IS just that in your profile you have BBcode defaulted to off, and you're trying to use bbCode. :-) I 'disabled' the bbcode in THIS post so that you could see the quote tags instead of it actually quoting what was between them.

Hope that gets you going...

I hope this works.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:00 pm

Nice, thanks guys

Postby Extreme » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:28 pm

i know how that feels man. i always screwed myself up for a while when trying to quote just part of a post, because i would delete the bracket in front of the last [/quote], and not realize it, because when you highlight a large block of text to delete it, it would automatically take out the bracket. it took me weeks to figure out what i was doing wrong, i felt like such an idiot. :lol:
It's not how you see it, or even how you do it. It's how many people you can convince it's real along the way.

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon