Virgin To The Board

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.

Virgin To The Board

Postby Extreme » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:56 am

Hey everybody, just wanted to say I'm happy to be here, and look forward to getting to know everyone. I can't wait for the season to begin HTTR!!!!!
It's not how you see it, or even how you do it. It's how many people you can convince it's real along the way.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:14 am

Welcome to THN.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:19 pm

Welcome Extreme. You'll enjoy it here.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:58 pm

Welcome to THN, Extreme
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Postby Extreme » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:25 pm

i really am enjoying being here already. it feels like the size of the community brings a more close knit relationship with it, and i like that. i've been spending part of the day reading through posts, and i like how everyone in here generally gets along and respects each other.

i was a very visible member on ES, and while being outspoken on my beliefs made me a lot of enemies (childish members who would rather sling insults instead of counteracting my points or debating an issue just because they disagreed) i also met a small group of close friends that i am very greatful to have.

the biggest drawback to the site, was the militarian way it was run. the mods do whatever they want, as any of you who are members there might know. the thread i started that ultimately led to my banishment, was merely a suggestion i made that maybe mods should have limited terms and be re-elected based on performance. needless to say, the mods decided to explode on the issue and twist my words around and call me names, and say i shouldn't worry about what they do.

i'm sorry, i just think if the mods don't set a good example by following their own rules, then they have no right to belittle people who speak their mind or bend a rule.

before i submitted the thread, i messaged nearly 100 members that i was friends with to see what they thought. they all agreed it was a good idea, and they said they'd be behind me 100%. then when they saw the mods were unpleased, all but 3 actually stood behind me, and instead decided to join in the mods bashing of me, simply because i had an idea. i didn't make a neative remark, or break a rule in the thread, but my suggestion got me banned for life.

at least i learned who my true friends were.

i must say now, however, that it was a blessing in disguise, because I found THN on google, and I think I have found my way home.

I look forward to many great posts, and friends for years to come. you guys are alright in my book. :up:
It's not how you see it, or even how you do it. It's how many people you can convince it's real along the way.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:28 pm

theres way more people online during the season

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:38 am

Welcome Extreme. I've been to all the boards at one time or another, and for various reasons I chose this one. Its was the best decision for me. I had never belonged to a message board before and ES was just to big for a newbie like me. This board was the most inviting for me. The size, the people, the Hogs, it was just the place that felt like home.

Sure, we have rules that must be strictly enforced. Any board worth its salt has to. You will find that its dang near impossible to get banned from this board. Other than deliberate flamers, I can count the number of people I've seen banned on one hand, and never for the content of their posts.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards and perhaps even at a tailgate party or two this upcoming season. :up:
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:55 am

Hi and Welcome Extreme. You'll like it here...it's a great place to hang out.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:37 am

Willkommen an Bord, Kamerad. ROTFALMAO
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:02 pm

Welcome to the site. Enjoy all the great content!! O:)
Back and better than ever!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:31 pm

tcwest10 wrote:Willkommen an Bord, Kamerad. ROTFALMAO

Nicely played :D

Oh, and welcome
RIP Sean Taylor

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon