Board Changeover

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Site Admin

Board Changeover

Postby admin » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:31 pm

You will all be reading this thread in the new board.

Aside from the obvious small cosmetic differences, you may also notice a few things missing. Now that the new secure board is up and running, we will set about getting as many things back to normal as we can.

Our thanks go out to the folks at Doreo for helping us get the board updated so that our community has a safe, secure place to talk about their Redskins.

Thanks.
Last edited by admin on Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:01 pm

Beautiful transition. :D
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:56 pm

Very nice indeed. Looks great Boss.

Will everybody's posts make more sense on the new board, or will I still need my English to Bull translation software? :)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:03 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Very nice indeed. Looks great Boss.

Will everybody's posts make more sense on the new board, or will I still need my English to Bull translation software? :)

:hmm:

English to bull seems to indicate tht you are taking English and then translating into bull so that you can understand it.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:17 pm

Oh, it translates both ways. It's amazing what these computer thingummies can do these days. I've also got an Irish to Bull translator, but the words seem to be exactly the same, even after translation.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:38 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Oh, it translates both ways. It's amazing what these computer thingummies can do these days. I've also got an Irish to Bull translator, but the words seem to be exactly the same, even after translation.

That's not entirely true. There's a noticeable slur in the Irish translation. :lowblow:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:03 pm

Great job Boss! Very smoothly done and looks great.

thanks to all who were involved
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:22 pm

Sweeeeeet!

Even tho I have been told I am too old to use that slang. :cry:

OK . . . this site is "Groovy". :up:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Postby yupchagee » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:30 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Oh, it translates both ways. It's amazing what these computer thingummies can do these days. I've also got an Irish to Bull translator, but the words seem to be exactly the same, even after translation.

Reminds me of the 1st computer designed to translate. It could trasnslate English to Russian & vice versa. To test it, the inventors entered the phrase "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak". Out came some Russian that they couldn't understand, so they entered the Russian & got back Engglish: "The vodka is good but the meat is spoiled". Some things get lost (or found in translation.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

~~

Is it just me?

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:42 pm

I just want to make sure that everyone else has a black background where it once used to be burgundy. Is that so? I like the board redesign, btw. Great job, Boss & co.
Back and better than ever!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:04 pm

Black backgound? :hmm:

What are you talking about. It all looks Burgundy to me.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:19 pm

JansenFan wrote:Black backgound? :hmm:

Black is the new burgandy, didn't you know.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:03 pm

NC43Hog wrote:
JansenFan wrote:Black backgound? :hmm:

Black is the new burgandy, didn't you know.

I'm just realizing that it's the black that was added to v3 that made it different. With all the new bells and whistle, I had overlooked it. :rock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

~~~~~~~~~~

Postby air_hog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:50 pm

Dude this looks so tight!

Awesome job on the board Boss and crew :up:
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:25 am

Starting to get things slotted back in.

If you use the feature, the 'quick reply' is back in action at the bottom of the topic threads... I know many of you like this small add-on.

You'll notice a couple of new features to it though... you can now click on a tickbox and it will automatically 'quote the last message' in the thread.

You will also notice a preview button to go along with the submit button. If you type a quick reply and then hit preview instead of Submit... it will take you to the exact same screen as if you had gone the 'Post Reply button' route... you will get a preview of your post as it will appear, as well as a form box to continue/finish making alterations to your post.

More to come obviously, but I just wanted to make you aware as it is the first thing many people noticed.

I also cleaned up the bottom of the topic threads a little bit, so hopefully they're a little more usable and readable than their 'stock' setting. Still some more to do to get it to my liking, but at least we're well on our way.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon