The New V3 is Here

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Hog

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:32 pm

Well, I check the site almost daily, more so during football season. I don't post that often, but I do throughly enjoy reading the articles and other posts. In this instance, I did want to take the time to give my praise for the new site. As a previous post stated, the best just got better. I had no complaints about the old site, but you found room to make improvements, and not it is even better. Great job to everyone who had a hand it this project. I think I can speak for all when I say it is greatly appreciated.
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

skinsfan1

Postby skinsfan1 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:37 pm

Eveything is awesome. Great work Boss

the Big Canuck

Postby Hill66 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:18 pm

In the words of the all-time greatest ECW chant...Holy...wait this isn't the Smack forum.
Good Job BossHog, and everyone else who helped out.
Pete Kendall is a MAN and a half..

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:31 am

Thanks folks.

Anyone get a chance to check out the new THN wireless on their phone or PDA yet?
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby FiveWidez » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:51 pm

amazing job on the site!!!! I love the PDA site! Awesome job as usual

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:07 pm

BossHog wrote:Thanks folks.

Anyone get a chance to check out the new THN wireless on their phone or PDA yet?

Looks good on my Motorola thing-a-majigger. You've even got the forums in there!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:52 am

Just happy it works okay!

:wink:

I added it because as far as I know... there isn't another 'wireless' option for Redskin fans. It's a VERY scaled down version of the site obviously, but I tried to include things you might want when you're on the go... as well as things that COULD actually be effectively served up to the user in such a 'small' environment.

Everything in the mobile section is as up-to-date as the regular site... the game Day page will actually show a lot more game day info when the game is less than 48 hours away.

I just figured that with this new tool... Redskin fans get news, a roster, a schedule... and from virtually anywhere. And yes... even the boards can be accessed through your mobile... though we're still beta testing that a little (but feel free to use it regardless).

Eventually we hope to add more, but at least Redskin fans can get some mobile action in Redskinland now. :up:

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:44 am

JSPB22 wrote:I that vein, I would like to point out a minor quirk.
When you are on one of the pages, such as the link you posted
http://www.thehogs.net/content/index.php?id=714
If you drag your pointer over one of the top items (articles, features, redskins info...) you get a drop-down menu that will not go away even if you take your pointer off the item.

Hey JSPB22... I was having that same problem; and as BH said, it's apparently computer specific. My work computer has "ghosts" sometimes! Anyway, on Friday before leaving work, I cleared cache and history. Today when I tried the main page (which is where I noticed it most), all was fine. The drop-down menus all seem to work as they should now for me. Now, that may change yet again by end of day! 8)
If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck?

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:55 am

tazlah wrote:Hey JSPB22... I was having that same problem; and as BH said, it's apparently computer specific. My work computer has "ghosts" sometimes! Anyway, on Friday before leaving work, I cleared cache and history. Today when I tried the main page (which is where I noticed it most), all was fine. The drop-down menus all seem to work as they should now for me. Now, that may change yet again by end of day! 8)

After a little more testing over the weekend... it does seem that non-disappearing menu drop downs ARE machine specific and not because something is wrong. :up:

But we're still working through some little quirks in the new version, so we appreciate the patience. :wink:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:13 am

BossHog wrote:
tazlah wrote:Hey JSPB22... I was having that same problem; and as BH said, it's apparently computer specific. My work computer has "ghosts" sometimes! Anyway, on Friday before leaving work, I cleared cache and history. Today when I tried the main page (which is where I noticed it most), all was fine. The drop-down menus all seem to work as they should now for me. Now, that may change yet again by end of day! 8)

After a little more testing over the weekend... it does seem that non-disappearing menu drop downs ARE machine specific and not because something is wrong. :up:

But we're still working through some little quirks in the new version, so we appreciate the patience. :wink:

The problem has already seemed to disappear on its own for me. Thanks!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:54 pm

I have noticed another quirk, although I'm not sure if it is new to V3. If you close your IE session, all message threads get marked as read. For example, I am reading through the Lounge and have several threads with new replies denoted by blue or red boxes, when someone comes into my office. I go to minimize the window, but accidentally hit the close "X" instead. When I open a fresh window and go back to the Lounge all the threads will be marked as read. This only happens if you actually close all of your IE windows, not if you go to another page, and then come back.

Hail to the Redskins!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:33 pm

I think closing your browser logs you out. When you go back, you log back in and all of those messages are not new since your last visit, only since your next to last visit. I think the old phpBB didn't log you out with IE for some strange reason.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:42 pm

JansenFan wrote:I think closing your browser logs you out. When you go back, you log back in and all of those messages are not new since your last visit, only since your next to last visit. I think the old phpBB didn't log you out with IE for some strange reason.

Is there no way to keep those messages as unread, even if you log out?

Hail to the Redskins!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:49 pm

Not that I know of.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:08 pm

great looking site now where my avatar...
ithink i read on one of the sticky threads about you getttin them back asap.

but love the new look BH.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon