Small new feature

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Site Admin

Small new feature

Postby BossHog » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:48 am

I have been asked a few times by members to offer a 'resizable print' for the THN articles... some of you are old and can't see. :wink:

Because it would be tough to keep the layout of the site intact at varying font sizes, i've come up with what I hope is a decent solution for those of you that were asking for the feature.

When you are on the main site and click on a story link... you're taken to the article's page where there is a 'printable version' button. This isn't a new feature but perhaps not all of you have used it in the past, so i'm trying to explain things thoroughly. When you click on the link, it takes you to a very vanilla version of the article that you can print off.

NOW when you got to the 'printable version' of an article... you will see three graphics in the right-hand side of the byline... these are the buttons that will allow you to change the font size... the first graphic is the 'smallest font' and is actually the font that you're looking at when you open the page.... click the middle graphic and you'll get the article in a larger font... click the last graphic and you'll get an even bigger font still.

I hope that this will 'do' for those of you looking for an easier font size to read.

So if you want to see what on earth I'm talking about.... go to the latest article.... click on the 'printable Version' link, and you will see buttons that look like this:

ImageImageImage

Just click on one of them to change the font size in the article..... that's it.

Thanks for your ear.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:18 am

Nice feature. Thanks.

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:22 am

Good idea - for us old folks. :-)
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:33 pm

Small new feature

Phew.... I thought this was going somewhere else :shock:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon