New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.

Postby SKINSFAN77 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:22 pm

How do I upload a picture from my computer?

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:27 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:33 pm

Sorry, we don't allow users to upload their own avatars.

Postby SKINSFAN77 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Can I send one to you?

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:58 am

SKINSFAN77 wrote:Can I send one to you?

Custom avatars - created by us or the member still adhere to these rules:

250 posts for a 100x100 and 1000 for the 100x200.

Once a milestone has been reached, you can PM me about getting your new avatar.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:04 am

Actually, all avatars are just on hold right now NC. Until all of the old ones are restored, and I've decided what the NEW requirements will be, we're not going to be adding new ones for anybody.

Sorry folks. The avatar situation should be looked after before the end of the off season, but right now, it's in a state of limbo.

Please use one of the 'generic' avatars that you can access from your profile control panel in the meantime.

Thanks.

Hog

Postby Snout » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:29 am

admin wrote:Actually, all avatars are just on hold right now NC. Until all of the old ones are restored, and I've decided what the NEW requirements will be, we're not going to be adding new ones for anybody.

Sorry folks. The avatar situation should be looked after before the end of the off season, but right now, it's in a state of limbo.

Please use one of the 'generic' avatars that you can access from your profile control panel in the meantime.

Thanks.

Hey Boss Hog,

Thanks for all your hard work in maintaining the site.

I understand that it is a lot of work to manage custom avatars, and I understand why that project is on hold.

I think that part of the reason that a lot of people want to make a custom avatar is that all of the generic avatars are pretty lame.

If it is too much work to allow people to have custom avatars, how about if people submit some creative new generic avatars that would go into the pool of available choices? Seems like the perfect compromise that could spice things up a bit without creating too mcuh work for you and the staff.

Just a suggestion.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:38 pm

VIVA SEXY!!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:35 pm

Snout wrote: Hey Boss Hog,

Thanks for all your hard work in maintaining the site.

I understand that it is a lot of work to manage custom avatars, and I understand why that project is on hold.

I think that part of the reason that a lot of people want to make a custom avatar is that all of the generic avatars are pretty lame.

If it is too much work to allow people to have custom avatars, how about if people submit some creative new generic avatars that would go into the pool of available choices? Seems like the perfect compromise that could spice things up a bit without creating too mcuh work for you and the staff.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion.

No thanks. The avatars are to reward people for being members and contributing for what we feel is a significant amount of time - not just for 'being here'.

An avatar is neither custom or unique when you put it into a 'public pool'. All of the custom avatars here are specific to the user's request and can't be used by more than the person that they were designed for.

We like it that way.

We also prefer that a poster stands out on the merits of what he POSTS here at the board - not the picture beside his post. I'd get rid of avatars completely were it not for the work that NC has put in on so many of them.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby Snout » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:38 am

Personally, Bogghog, I agree with you and would just as rather do away with avatars altogether. But seeing as how they have become such a prominent feature of the message boards, sometimes I wish the standard ones showed a little more creativity and workmanship. Nobody expects you or anyone else on the staff do do any work to improve them. But if someone volunteered, why would you snub them? I guess that's up to you. That's why you're the boss.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:06 pm

If I wanted more generic avatars, I'd just ask NC to do some.

The point is that the custom avatars are a badge of honor. They stand out because they are supposed to. The generic ones are generic because they are supposed to be.

If we make generic avatars flashy and 'creative' then the custom ones wouldn't stand out. Since they're a reward for people's patronage, that seems counter-productive.

skinsfan1

Postby skinsfan1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:46 pm

Thanks for the info boss, I had wondred what had happened to mine.

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon