Some Board Changes

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Site Admin

Some Board Changes

Postby admin » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:48 am

Those of you that are intrinsically aware of the THN community, will undoubtedly notice a few changes today. I thought I would take a few minutes to both, make you all aware of them, and maybe some of the logic behind the decisions as well...

1) The forum that you're reading this in... Site News & Welcome Wagon... has been moved lower on the board to the 'Non-Football' section. I struggled with this decision because I like having this forum at the top for newbies, but que sera sera and it helped get the 'more used' forums higher up on the board index. From a technical stand-point, it may also help search engines slightly in that the 'Redskin-oriented' material that people are searching for is now higher on the page and easier for them (and the SE spiders) to find.

I may move this forum back to the top if I think too many people are 'missing things', but for now it stays where it is. I can always post a notice in another forum to make sure you check out something in this forum.

2) I wanted to lessen the number of forums on the main index to make room for one or two new forums (more on that in a minute), so I consolidated all of the forum archives into 3 main ones... NFL Draft, Training Camp, and Game Day. I figure the forums are locked and can't be posted to anyway... so the consolidating just seemed to make sense and allowed me to get rid of five superfluous forum categories.

3) I have added a Fantasy Football forum. Having a few years under our belts administratively, there's definitely enough fantasy football talk to warrant it's own forum... and it will have the added benefit of removing the garbage 'should we get this guy' in Hog Wash... we can make the new Fantasy Football forum the home for that kind of chat.

Here's a chance for you to help me with some feedback though... should this forum be the new home of Hognostications?

4) Other Washington Sports Teams - with only the Lounge really existing for so many other sports threads, I thought it would be beneficial to create a new forum - especially considering our increased coverage of the Capitals.

That's about it for changes... the other moderators and I understand that it will fall upon us to politely help some of you find the new areas over the next little while, but we'd appreciate it if you'd check things out and use the 'added categories' wisely.

As always, if you have any questions or feedback, please post it here. Thanks.

Hog

Re: Some Board Changes

Postby GSPODS » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:02 am

admin wrote:it will have the added benefit of removing the garbage 'should we get this guy' in Hog Wash...

Separation of Fantasy and Reality.
Excellent Idea :up:

I also like the idea of the separate "Other Area Sports" thread. It helps to separate the local sports teams from the politics and religion threads found in "The Lounge".

I would say "Hognostications" should stay in "Around The League", if only because Hognostications is based upon reality of the performance of all 32 NFL teams and so are Frank's Weekly Hognostications articles.

My 2 cents if this opinion is worth even that. :oops:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:47 pm

I also like the changes, and think Hognostications should stay in ATL.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon