Just curious.....about photos

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Just curious.....about photos

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri May 16, 2008 10:15 pm

I don't see any photo attached to posts on this site. Is it prohibited by the Big Bosses? Does it take up too much..... whachamacallit.....bandwidth???
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Sat May 17, 2008 1:43 am

I assume you mean in signatures, if that is the case, then yes, pics, links and other formatting tools are prohibited from signatures. You can post all the pics you want, just not in your signature.

The reason behind it isn't strictly bandwidth, although that certainly is a consideration. Its more about flow of dialogue and apprearance of posts. It is our believe that the content of the posts is paramount, and it is quite annoying to have a two line post with a giant picture, then another 2 line post with a giant picture. Its much more conducive to conversation to go directly from the written part of the post to the next without having to see a big photoshopped image of lavar tackling Aikman or someone's favorite player.

Not too mention, because of the PG nature of the forum, we'd have to have a bunch of additional rules about content of the pictures, and we'd have to have some procedure for getting them approved and uploaded and oh no I've gone cross-eyed.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon