Better never say anything mean over on Extremeskins.....

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
the 'mudge
Posts: 16615
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Better never say anything mean over on Extremeskins.....

Postby Countertrey » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:58 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:It's not so much that we're tolerant...

Well, that "we" obviously wasn't meant to include you, CT. :P

[-X
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: Better never say anything mean over on Extremeskins.....

Postby hitmandm » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:50 pm

I was a member on Extremeskins for 10 plus years. It was always a heavily moderated board run by people who take themselves too seriously. Jumbo is a huge idiot as well as the other mods and it has gotten so bad that there is a thread there why ES is dying. Read it. The delusions by the Moderators on ES are hilarious. ES is dying because it is run by morons who play favorites and push a certain dialogue that matches their opinions. There are no Organic football discussions driven by passionate fans in line with Football culture.

ES is a total joke now. They are made fun of by many of the NFL Board communities throughout all NFL boards and it is the moderators and their crazy culture that is always to blame.

Thank you for having these alternative boards that people with different opinions from Jumbo and his minions can discuss Redskins football. All Redskins fans who enjoy talking about their team with respect and diversity should leave ES and come to places like here.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 18373
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Better never say anything mean over on Extremeskins.....

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:40 pm

hitmandm wrote:All Redskins fans who enjoy talking about their team with respect and diversity should leave ES and come to places like here.

I agree. :up:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2782
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Better never say anything mean over on Extremeskins.....

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:55 pm

I refuse to belong to any community patrolled by the feelings police. ES would be the case in point example. I like this site quite a bit in the limited time I've been posting here. It seems to be filled with people capable of handling themselves like adults. ES, not so much. Even the mods there need a tampon or a crying towel.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

newbie
User avatar
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:59 am

Re: Better never say anything mean over on Extremeskins.....

Postby Jacoah » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:12 am

You will get banned for getting upset in the game day threads. It's the freaking GAME-DAY THREAD! Who's NOT going to get upset and have knee-jerk reactions in those threads? Jumbo is the worst. He will put you under a microscope, scrutinize every infinitesimally small thing you say, and suspend you at the drop of a dime. Moreover, when he reproaches posters in a particular thread for seemingly breaking whatever rule he deems at the edge of being broken, he writes a damn novel about it. Dude's got a LOT of time on his hands apparently. If you ask me, he needs to find a hobby and calm the hell down. ;)

newbie
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Better never say anything mean over on Extremeskins.....

Postby lawnmower55 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:23 pm

I think I may have been temporarily suspended from ES for suggesting (in a thread about the deterioration of the great barrier reef) that nature often surprises us with its resilience, pointing to how the Fukushima Nuclear plant disaster has led to some really interesting new species. At least that's what I think I was suspended for. To be honest, I don't even know why because my account was just randomly suspended last week. But the nagging question I have is "Why should I care?"

Anyways, I hope that people here enjoy dry, sarcastic humor, because that's my style.

the 'mudge
Posts: 16615
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Better never say anything mean over on Extremeskins.....

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:27 pm

lawnmower55 wrote:I think I may have been temporarily suspended from ES for suggesting (in a thread about the deterioration of the great barrier reef) that nature often surprises us with its resilience, pointing to how the Fukushima Nuclear plant disaster has led to some really interesting new species. At least that's what I think I was suspended for. To be honest, I don't even know why because my account was just randomly suspended last week. But the nagging question I have is "Why should I care?"

Anyways, I hope that people here enjoy dry, sarcastic humor, because that's my style.


... Maybe it was FUKashima... you tested their intelligence... and lost.

You're better off here... Welcome!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

newbie
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Better never say anything mean over on Extremeskins.....

Postby lawnmower55 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:35 am

Countertrey wrote:
lawnmower55 wrote:I think I may have been temporarily suspended from ES for suggesting (in a thread about the deterioration of the great barrier reef) that nature often surprises us with its resilience, pointing to how the Fukushima Nuclear plant disaster has led to some really interesting new species. At least that's what I think I was suspended for. To be honest, I don't even know why because my account was just randomly suspended last week. But the nagging question I have is "Why should I care?"

Anyways, I hope that people here enjoy dry, sarcastic humor, because that's my style.


... Maybe it was FUKashima... you tested their intelligence... and lost.

You're better off here... Welcome!


Thanks. Right now thehogs.net and thewarpath.net are competing for my affections. I want to see you both, but don't know if that's really fair to everyone. I will make my decision soon though, or perhaps I will just live a double life.

Skins History Buff
Posts: 5628
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: Better never say anything mean over on Extremeskins.....

Postby welch » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:54 pm

What is "extremeskins"? As far as I know, The Hogs Net is the ONLY Redskins fan forum. Why would anyone -- even an extremist -- start another???

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon