Greetings from Southern Maryland

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Hog

Greetings from Southern Maryland

Postby Neo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Hey Skins family!

Born and raised in Southern Maryland. I come from a family of die-hard Skins fans, and I was raised to be the same.

One of my favorite memories growing up in the 80s was being at a Skins game with my father at RFK. We had just won, and across the field you can see an entire section of seats bouncing up and down as if they were going to break. All you could hear was people screaming as loud as they could, "WE WANT DALLAS! WE WANT DALLAS!"

Second favorite memory was in 91, and I was with my father (and grandfather) once again at a Skins game. It was the Skins vs. Falcons game. I believe it was Gerald Riggs who ran it in near the goal line, and all of a sudden you saw a couple yellow Redskins seat covers being thrown onto the field. Within seconds, just about everyone in the stadium was singing the fight song, and yellow seat covers were flying in from every direction...soaring through the rain.

Its been a tough journey since then with its share of ups and downs, but me and my family have stayed loyal, just as all of you have stayed loyal.

I've already enjoyed talking with some of you here, and I'm looking forward to more of the same.

HAIL!!
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Re: Greetings from Southern Maryland

Postby redskinz4ever » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:14 pm

welcome & hail !!!!
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

Hog

Re: Greetings from Southern Maryland

Postby Neo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:51 pm

redskinz4ever wrote:welcome & hail !!!!

Thanks!! HAIL!!
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan