Hail

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Hog

Hail

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:10 pm

My name is Mike. I've been reading the site since February but I kind of like to save my complaints for the NFL season which is why I just started posting. I've been a fan of the Skins since 1972. I have a lot to say and I can't guarantee anyone will care for it but but I try to keep a fairly balanced perspective on the team. I see some positives with the advent of the Scot McCloughan era and rather than simply hoping the team is finally headed in the right direction for the first time since 1991 I think there's actual evidence to support that thought. Unfortunately I'm self-employed and frequently work Sundays so I'm not sure how much I'll be around for the gameday festivities but I hope to be more often than not. My favorite all-time Redskins are Larry Brown (the best running back I personally witnessed) and Ken Houston (the best safety to ever play the position, what Sean Taylor could possibly have been had he lived). Oh, and we'd have kicked Miami's ass if Sonny had played in Super Bowl VII. That's all for now.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Hail

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:26 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:My name is Mike. I've been reading the site since February but I kind of like to save my complaints for the NFL season which is why I just started posting. I've been a fan of the Skins since 1972. I have a lot to say and I can't guarantee anyone will care for it but but I try to keep a fairly balanced perspective on the team. I see some positives with the advent of the Scot McCloughan era and rather than simply hoping the team is finally headed in the right direction for the first time since 1991 I think there's actual evidence to support that thought. Unfortunately I'm self-employed and frequently work Sundays so I'm not sure how much I'll be around for the gameday festivities but I hope to be more often than not. My favorite all-time Redskins are Larry Brown (the best running back I personally witnessed) and Ken Houston (the best safety to ever play the position, what Sean Taylor could possibly have been had he lived). Oh, and we'd have kicked Miami's ass if Sonny had played in Super Bowl VII. That's all for now.

I know it's that time of year again and hope springs eternal ...

I am looking forward to seeing things unfold here ... I think that Scot will be given the time to finally make it all work

btw - welcome to the site :wink:
The Redskins' franchise has been a huge disappointment since 1999 and IMO it's not getting better until Dan Snyder stops interfering and making decisions about who coaches and plays here
Snyder needs to support the troops not fight them

the 'mudge

Re: Hail

Postby Countertrey » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:43 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote: Oh, and we'd have kicked Miami's ass if Sonny had played in Super Bowl VII.

This is all that's important: Image

Welcome to the site.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon