One Year Anniversary

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Pursuer of Justice

One Year Anniversary

Postby Justice Hog » Tue May 25, 2004 5:22 am

To my fellow Hogs.net brothers and sisters.

You may not know this....but TheHogs.net message boards are almost 1 year old. Our first member joined on May 28, 2003....and look how fast it's grown in just one short year!!!

This is a tribute to Mark and all of the hard work he's done.

Let's here it for the young lad!!

:feedback;
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Tue May 25, 2004 5:52 am

I for one would like to say that I'm extremely pleased to find a core group of fanatics to share the football season with. I've looked around the net "probably too much" and cannot find a more intellectually stimulating, respectful motley crew. I would like to thank Bosshog for providing us with a stomping ground to call our own. Because of the quality of posters within, we've even managed to collect fans from other teams that like to come in talk football...and we actually benefit from it. Not too many sites you can say that about. So, kudos to Boss...may our member list continue to grow with quality...not just quantity.

:D
<~~~~~Runs with scissors X
(_E=mc2_)

“This is where I'm most comfortable, ... This is my life, where I work. I'm definitely glad to be back.” #21

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue May 25, 2004 7:09 am

So, kudos to Boss...may our member list continue to grow with quality...not just quantity.
i second the kudos. and this is exactly what we're all about. we'd rather have ten members who talk solid football rather than a thousand who show up to bicker and for other reasons. :up:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue May 25, 2004 7:15 am

Just for the record... the board didn't officially open until JULY 1st which will actually be our official anniversary.

The only people joining before that were staff members who were helping me bench test the message board itself before it was launched.

While it hasn't quite been 'easy', we're really happy with the cross-section of people that we already have and we look forward to continuing to grow.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue May 25, 2004 8:49 am

As always....thanks Mark and everyone else involved.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue May 25, 2004 12:17 pm

BossHog wrote:Just for the record... the board didn't officially open until JULY 1st which will actually be our official anniversary.

The only people joining before that were staff members who were helping me bench test the message board itself before it was launched.

While it hasn't quite been 'easy', we're really happy with the cross-section of people that we already have and we look forward to continuing to grow.

hmmmmm, so you tested before you released it.....maybe I should try that. Might make my releases go a little smoother....thanks for the programming tip BH!! congrats on the 1 year anniversary of creation and looking forward to the 1 year anniversary of opening for business.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue May 25, 2004 12:28 pm

JansenFan wrote:hmmmmm, so you tested before you released it.....maybe I should try that. Might make my releases go a little smoother....thanks for the programming tip BH!! congrats on the 1 year anniversary of creation and looking forward to the 1 year anniversary of opening for business.

When you're a hack like me, it kind of helps to put in a little beta time for sure. :oops:

I'd never moderated a board before so I had to figure that stuff out, and customize the board a little and just basically figure out what the heck we were doing.

Actually I try to do a fair bit of testing on everything before I launch... it's embarassing when stuff doesn't work... I mean it's one thing to have one person notice a mistake but when a few thousand a day are going to see it... it's exponentially more embarassing. So i always try to test most things I do at least getting it looked at a few different screen resolutions, on different browsers and different operating systems. It helps clear up the OBVIOUS things when testing, though there will always be surprises :-)

It's hard to believe the board hasn't been up a year yet... I never thought we'd have 1000 members before our 1 year anniversary that's for sure... but I'm sure we will. :rock:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue May 25, 2004 1:08 pm

Yeah, Boss, that's an average of about 3 a day signing up, which isn't too bad at all if you ask me. Thanks again for all of your hard work, and thanks to all that make this site run. It's going to be cool to see where the board is in a little over a month when it hits the one year!

Hail to the Redskins!!!
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

skinsfan1

Postby skinsfan1 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:42 pm

Congrats BH!! :up:

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:00 pm

BH - modest as ever - you have created out of thin air a wonderful place for us average joes to come and have a good time talking football, not just football either, Redskin Football.

I am honored to play a small part on the team and can't wait for the season to start - something tells me this place will really be hopping then. :wink:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:13 pm

I think what impresses me most, is that you pull this off from Canada!! :shock: What a great Redskins fan you are BH. I know season ticket holders that aren't half the fan you are. Thanks again for everything you do here!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:44 pm

I don't know what I'd do without this site.

I'd actually be doing work at work, and thats never an option lol, :twisted:

Really though, I'll be looking forward to the anniversary. I didn't really post a lot in 2003, I mostly stayed in a corner and observed. Im glad I came out of my hiding place.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

-----------

Postby Smithian » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:17 pm

Same here. I read stuff on here for over a month before siging up; Wish I had signed up earlier.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon