New to the board

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.

New to the board

Postby CraigHog » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:22 am

Hello fellow Hogs and Hogettes. I just registered today and look forward to being involved in board discussions.

I do have a question/request, and I'm not sure where to post it so I'll put it in here.

Is there a way to get copies of past Redskins games? I want to digitally encocde them on my computer. I'm able to get MPEGs of Virginia Tech games from a buddy of mine. But I've had no luck in finding Redskins games. Anybody out there with games already encoded? Tapes are better than nothing, and I'd gladly pay for supplies, shipping, and handling if anyone is generous to send their collection my way.

Well, regardless, I'm here to learn and fellowship with my fellow compatriates... Go 'Skins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:49 am

Greetings, CraigHog and welcome to the board. If you're interested in board discussions about the Skins, you won't find a better (and especially a better-run) website. BossHog and crew (many people) work very hard to make this place great, and it certainly shows.

As for the Redskins games, there was a guy who came on the site several months ago that was looking to trade DVDs. Here's his post:

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3269

Here is his website:

http://www.mindspring.com/~dissident/skinsondvd.html

I didn't have any DVDs to trade, and he was open for cash offers/negotiations. Hope this helps. Again, welcome to the board. :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Thanks!

Postby CraigHog » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:51 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, FanFromAnnapolis. I have to agree I have not found a Skins' board that even comes to close to this one in any way!

And thank you for finding the links to SonnyRules' post. :D I browsed his website and couldn't stop drooling over the games he's got in his collection! I will definitely be getting in touch with him. I really appreciate you taking the time to find this for me. =D>

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:28 pm

No problem. Like I said, I had an interaction with the guy. This isn't a plug, but do know that I was very, very happy with how high quality the games were (it was a father's day present for my dad and it didn't dissapoint). Good luck on the game hunting.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:37 pm

Welcome to the board, CraigHog!

Be sure to explore the main site while your interacting with the knowledgeable members of the board. You picked the right place to talk 'Skins Football! :up:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon