Post Game Mark Brunell discussion...(we know you wanted it)

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
---

Post Game Mark Brunell discussion...(we know you wanted it)

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Mark Brunell

1. If you hate Mark
2. If you love Mark
3. If you believe
4. If you dont
5. If your thread title would have included Marks name
6. If #5 isnt accurate but the body content would have been all about Mark
7. Stats comparing todays game
8. You want JC because of Mark
9. Lets hold off on JC because of Mark
10. He was accurate but lacked zip
11. If he had zip

Yeah....all of that belongs in here.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:39 pm

Nice try - you've got a long night ahead of you - there'll be another thirty threads started before the night is out.

But I'll play along, and post my comments in here. I didn't see the game, and I didn't listen to a lot of it, but I can see the stats at the end of it. And those stats say that Mark Brunell had one hell of a game. The sort of stats that suggest he isn't dead.

There'll be plenty of people who want to talk about what Brunell didn't do, but let's judge tonight's performance on what he did do. Look at the stats, and tell me that the guy is washed up.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:50 pm

See... it doesn't matter if you try to help them out and give them a place to make the comment... they STILL make the very first post in the forum about Brunell and NOT in the thread you create for them.

Folks please... for the sake of evryone... if your post has ANYTHING to do with mark Brunell, please put it in this thread.

Thanks.

I've even quoted your post here SkinsFreak so that you can just quote this post... take out my stuff... leave your post in... and your post will be in this thread.

SkinsFreak wrote:I feel this one needs a new thread.

I will be the first to eat my own words. I have been very critical of Mark in the recent past. But he really had a hell of a game today. He truly managed the offense like a seasoned pro. Good job Mark!

And kudos to the coaching staff on 2 points. First, the play calling was geared to Marks current strengths. I still believe Mark will struggle with the deep balls. But the staff called a lot of short stuff to build his confidence; plenty of under nieth stuff. Secondly, they didn't loose faith in him. I still feel that Campbell's time is near, but Mark played very well and I give him a lot of credit. As I've said in the past, I will root for the man on the field. Today that was Mark and I was very impressed. I know the media will say "it was only the Texans." Well, however you look at it, Mark was great today and set an NFL record.

Way to go Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by admin on Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby thaiphoon » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:56 pm

I'll bite a bit... I think Mark had an excellent game. Saunders tailored the gameplan for lots of runs and lots of short throws. I think with Houston's defense playing so poorly that the YAC inflated Mark's #'s a bit but for now I don't care. We won...

Lets hope they play the same way week in and week out

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:36 pm

Sorry, I missed that one. Thanks CLL.

#-o

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:24 pm

I really hope this is the start of something, and not an abberation, but Mark played awesome from what I saw today. I had to tape the game because I had some other things going on, I hope to watch it again tonight and be equally impressed.

Hog

Postby dmwc » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:45 pm

All the post game shows so far dont really mention Brunells feat and if they do its kind of a joke... Marino and Simms joked on him on CBS after the game...as far as Saunder "tailoring" the O to brunell Brunell needs to do what QBs do with 3 good WRs and get it down field
>>>IT STARTS WITH D and O LINEMEN, EVERY DOWN, EVERY GAME, EVERY SEASON<<<

RIP # 21!

Tired of people who think we need superstars at EVERY position to excel... we dont... just 53 guys who are tough an smart

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:04 pm

dmwc wrote:All the post game shows so far dont really mention Brunells feat and if they do its kind of a joke... Marino and Simms joked on him on CBS after the game...as far as Saunder "tailoring" the O to brunell Brunell needs to do what QBs do with 3 good WRs and get it down field

Patience. . .if you didn't see the seeds for this in today's game, then I won't be able to help you. . .but it will come. Mark had zip today.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:30 pm

I am glad Brunell had a good game and set a record BUT the real test will be next week against the Jaguars. They have a REAL defense and we will know if Brunell has arrived this year or not. I do truly believe that our offense is starting to turn the corner and starting to play grade A football. The next couple of games will tell the tale if Brunell is going to do anything this year and be successful in Al Saunder's system.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog
Location: Canton, MA where you can drive your 'cah' to the 'bah' for a 'Budweisah'

Postby ChrisHanburger » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:14 pm

I didn't get to see or hear the game. What record did Brunell make today?

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:18 pm

ChrisHanburger wrote:I didn't get to see or hear the game. What record did Brunell make today?

22 consecutive completions in one game. Brunell was 22/22 before having an incomplete pass today. (It tied Rich Gannon's record).
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:18 pm

LOL, only 9 posts? If I hadn't made this sticky there would have been 20 Brunell threads.

I saw someone mention that the sports commentators aren't mentioning it much....well this thread on has 9 posts.

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:18 pm

ChrisHanburger wrote:I didn't get to see or hear the game. What record did Brunell make today?

He went 22 for 22 to start the game, besting the 21 for 21 of, I think, Rich Gannon. (I'm sure that I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. I don't know any other details.) He had a fabulous afternoon.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:20 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:LOL, only 9 posts? If I hadn't made this sticky there would have been 20 Brunell threads.

I saw someone mention that the sports commentators aren't mentioning it much....well this thread on has 9 posts.

We're in kind of a stand still. . .haters are happy with the performance but really wouldn't have been satisfied with any performance since it's Houston. Supporters are thrilled (and partly) vindicated by the performance but also have to keep in mind that it was just one game. . .and it was Houston.

Maybe we'll see more action on Monday morning, when no one wants to work and everyone can (for once) look at Skins summaries and highlights without feeling a pain deep in the gut.

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:22 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:LOL, only 9 posts? If I hadn't made this sticky there would have been 20 Brunell threads.

What is there to say? He played well, but the Redskins didn't ask him to do much. I don't think we really learned anything new about him.

In my opinion, the bigger stories are the improved play-calling and improved offensive line play.
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006