Post Game Mark Brunell discussion...(we know you wanted it)

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
piggie

Postby nuskins » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:25 am

Brunell did his job this past weekend and got lucky with the completion record with help from the Refs and the "dink & dunk" plays which were called. I am still convinced Brunell is not the answer for this team and that unfortunately it will take an injury to get him on the sidelines this year, which means that next year we will have a green rookie with no game time experience playing the QB position, or an old guy with splinters in his rear from riding the bench his whole career.

We'll see how Brunell fares against Jax, I have a feeling we'll see the usual suspect return.

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:40 am

admin wrote:
joebagadonuts wrote:I've been perusing another board as I do once in awhile (I know, BAD bagadonuts! BAD!), and I have to comment on how impressed I am at the conduct between the Brunell Haters (BH) and the Brunell Defenders (BD) on this board.

No bickering, no 'I told you so *expletive*'. Instead, realistic, polite commentary from both sides. Makes me proud to be a THNer. Keep it up, folks.

It isn't like it 'just happens'. It's the EXACT same thing that others are bitching about that makes it so... keeping threads on topic, and keeping bickering to a minimum by not allowing personal attacks.

While the staff are pretty humble about it... they are the reason that you're able to enjoy this community free of a lot of that rhetoric.

I think they do a great job too, and that's why we stick to our guns no matter what - ultimately, it makes THN a better place.

My 2 cents

... and shame on you joe for your lack of fidelity. :wink:

True, you guys do a tremdous job keeping this place nice and neat for the rest of us (except Fios, who I'm pretty sure just sits on his rim all day and wishes he had arms). I was just impressed with how there were very few personal attacks compared to some other sites.... or so I've heard...because I've never been to those other sites. 8-[
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:49 am

A cup of my stature doesn't need the worthless appendages known as "arms" ... the heat-seeking missiles in my state-of-the-art gloves make my point just fine
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:33 pm

nuskins wrote:Brunell did his job this past weekend and got lucky with the completion record with help from the Refs and the "dink & dunk" plays which were called. I am still convinced Brunell is not the answer for this team and that unfortunately it will take an injury to get him on the sidelines this year, which means that next year we will have a green rookie with no game time experience playing the QB position, or an old guy with splinters in his rear from riding the bench his whole career.

We'll see how Brunell fares against Jax, I have a feeling we'll see the usual suspect return.

yeah, i'm thrilled with the win but i have a hard time seeing "Dink-and-Dunk-O-Rama" beating the better teams in the league. if he plays well and we beat the jags this week, i'll officially start rooting for him 100% again (until he gets worn down and starts sucking again later in the season)... but even if he plays decently and we lose, i'll be calling for his head again, because it will strongly suggest that we need more out of the QB position in order to beat the good teams.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006