CP

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

CP

Postby redskingush » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:45 am

Any idea if he's coming out in chacacter any time soon.
GO SKINS GO!!

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:03 pm

i think only CP and God know the answerto that question
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:32 pm

Someone asked him after the Dallas game and he said he had no immediate plans to do anything.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Postby HailSkins94 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:40 pm

I don't think he is going to do it this year. He didn't really even like it last year but they kept winning so he kept doing it.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:42 pm

He probably won't do that until the Skins start winning.......consistently.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:58 pm

Portis No Longer in Character; Cooley Goes Corporate

CP says his shoulder feels fine but his inspiration for his costumed press conference has been sapped. And, on the same day we heard that sad news comes another blog-buster: Cooley has cut his hair. It's like 1991 all over for me, when Metallica all showed up with the trims for the "black album," became MTV's darlings with their toned down sound, and ended their reign as unquestioned metal gods.

Portis says that a member of our guy Radio Larry's staff who used to help with the tailback's costumes - often convincing him to go on with the antics - no longer works here. Dolla Bill is lost without her. The thrill is gone, sadly. It's like BB King without Lucile (I forgot that name in the heat of writing this, and my fellow media schlubs replied in unison when I tossed out the question). It's like Crusty without Sideshow Bob. It's like TomKat without .. okay I'll stop right there.

Much more troubling was the fact that Cooley has not only lost his Caucasian fro, but he's gone with a typical, short on the sides, parted look. He's so Lars Ulrich. Our hopes of watching the ultimate mullet come to its sweat fruition before our eyes is over. The dream has died. Somewhere Ronnie James Dio is weeping.

I wanted to bust his chops a bit but he had to run out for a walkthrough. What we know thus far is that Cooley's girlfriend cut his hair last night, he decided he was sick of having so much hair, and he's already taking a ribbing. "Everyone says I look like a little kid." Cooley says there is no superstition involved in the decision, despite his quiet start to the season, but the decision was his. So let's not start throwing Yoko Ono bombs around.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:04 pm

Jake wrote:
Cooley has cut his hair. It's like 1991 all over for me, when Metallica all showed up with the trims for the "black album," became MTV's darlings with their toned down sound, and ended their reign as unquestioned metal gods
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

For god's sake the 'Black' album was a good album, I hate that people who see themselves as rock purists try to frame it as a sellout because they had commerical success. Are 'Ride the Lightning' and 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' (my personal favorite) better? Yes but 'Black' still rocks ... sorry for the diversion, that just bothers me
RIP Sean Taylor

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:10 pm

I like "And Justice For All" and "Master of Puppets" the best. Did you guys know Brandon Lloyd listens to Metallica??

Brandon could dress up this year maybe.

and thus, we are back on topic. :rock:
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:12 pm

JansenFan wrote:I like "And Justice For All." Did you guys know Brandon Lloyd listens to Metallica??

Brandon could dress up this year maybe.

and this, we are back on topic. :rock:
:hmm:

Isn't this about Portis dressing up???

I'm really gonna miss it, though I do like his playing around with the hair dyes during the week.

His mohawk is much better than Chad Johnson's.

It goes well with his "Happy Face".
Back and better than ever!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:18 pm

It is, and I suggested that Blloyd dress up instead of Clinton Portis. ;-)

Also, his mohawk is definitely better than Chad Johnson's.
RIP 21

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:43 pm

Justice Hog wrote:He probably won't do that until the Skins start winning.......consistently.

I don't think he'd start doing it if they start winning.I mean he might... but let's remember why he started doing it in the first place.

He did it when the offense wasn't moving the ball and he wasn't getting any yards. The first ever 'Clinton character' was in fact by design, a DISTRACTION to how CP and the Redskins offense were playing. The media were pounding him at the time and he did it all to both alleviate the tension and to mock the media. It worked fantastically. So well that as the offense improved and the need to do it lessened, clinton kept it up because it was fun and it was a 'thing' for the team and for the fans.

But it's roots were in futile play, and I'd be careful what you wish for. I think CP brings the characters out when the real CP just doesn't want to listen to the same crap from the media... so being productive and successful SHOULD keep the wigs in the closet, I think. If we see the wigs... then CP is struggling... and if CP is struggling, the Redskins are struggling.

Now... considering that the energy of the fan base and the media has shifted... anything short of a win against a very tough Jags team might mean Mark Brunell needs to dip into CP's bag of tricks pretty soon...

Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piggie

Postby Dangerfield » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:01 pm

OUTSTANDING IDEA!!!!!

+++

Postby NikiH » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:38 pm

Portis actually was asked this question. He said he would start after we won. He's not one for giving straight answers to the media though, so don't count on seeing it.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006