FFtoday picks the Skins over jags

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
piggie

FFtoday picks the Skins over jags

Postby Donkey McDonkerton » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:40 pm

I know its just a fantasy football site, but they think we can beat the Jags.

http://www.fftoday.com/game/wk4_jac_was.htm

Game Preview by J.W. Gordon
We'll see how much of a difference Clinton Portis makes in Washington's offense when they take on the Jaguars this weekend. I think the Redskins have the right kind of team to give the Jaguars some problems on defense. With Antwaan Randle El and Santana Moss split out wide, Washington can run WR screens to either side to counter the pass rush. Portis is also fast enough to attack the edge effectively if Jacksonville's DTs clog up the middle. Of course they still need to execute to win, but I like their chances at home. Jacksonville ran a lot last week, but I think they'd prefer throwing the ball more. Leftwich needs to rebound this week if the Jags want to avoid losing two in a row.
Predicted Score: Washington 14 Jacksonville 13

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:55 pm

14-13? I'll have to make sure I take my heart medication.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:32 pm

I was interviewed by the Jacksonville Jaguars pre-game show yesterday (taped obviously. No one starts their pre-game show that early. They made me predict and I said Skins 17-14. I also agree that the Redskins have the talent to attack the edges and nuetralize the push up the middle with a game just like the one we played in Houston. The Redskins success in undoubtedly predicated on the success of Raybach, Thomas and Dockery in the middle.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Postby HailSkins94 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:42 pm

I think it is time for Twan' to break a punt return for a td. This could be the difference that puts us over the top in this game. Our special teams has picked it up as of late and keep in mind that Jacksonville gave up that punt return to Terrence Wilkins of the Colts last week. I think it is going to take a play like this or a defensive touchdown to beat the jags.

Side Note:

Kenny Wright's best game ever in the nfl was against Byron leftwich and Jacksonville. Wright had 5 tackles, 5 passes defensed, and 2 interceptions in the game.
Last edited by HailSkins94 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:48 pm

Here's to 5 more, five more and 2 more. :up:
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:46 pm

I'm ready for a Sean Taylor return for TD. (I'll take either an INT, or a fumble rcovery)
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:40 pm

JSPB22 wrote:I'm ready for a Sean Taylor return for TD. (I'll take either an INT, or a fumble rcovery)

i second that the grim reaper needs to show up on sunday
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

-----------

Postby Smithian » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:37 pm

We have to win this game.

I have talked a lot of trash to Jaguar fans in this area.

Ever since Matt Jones was drafted there, they have become God's team in my area.

I have to cheer for Brunell so we look a bit smarter for that trade.

I don't know if we can win a game 14-13, since that implies we will never truely have the big enough lead to let loose on defense and at this point our pass rush still isn't good enough to do it alone.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:05 pm

i hope he ment lloyd on the out side cuse ARE is a slot reciever
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:35 pm

LLoyd? He's still playing for the Skins?
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006